PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Inglesina Zippy - availability in Canada

12-17-2003, 11:54 AM
I e-mailed Inglesina (to their Italian headquarter) about the availability date of the 2004 Zippy in Candada, and here's the response:
----------------------------
Dear Mr. xxx

Thank you for your interest in the Zippy! Top answer ytour questions:
1. The 2003 Zippy Rain model has an integrated cover. The 2004 Zippy Rain does not.
2. The 2004 Zippy Rain will be available in Canada in March 2004.

Kind Regards,
Can-Am Baby,
Inglesina Canada
----------------------------

I'm deciding between the Peg Pliko P3 or the Zippy... will probably go with the P3 since I really like the black sable colors, and the P3 looks a bit more streamlined (with 2 long metal rods vs. Zippy's metal-everhwhere look).

pamela mom of 3
12-17-2003, 04:16 PM
Certainly is going to take it's time to get here. Plus the 2003 they sent here had no "intergrated raincover" you had to buy it seperate.

:)

http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

12-18-2003, 11:11 AM
Oh... I thought they had the integrated rain cover for the 2003 zippys! I went to a store in Toronto last night playing with the Zippy and the Pliko P3, and did saw the built-in rain-cover for the Zippy... maybe they have several different models for Canada?

On a different note, for those interested in pricing in Toronto, the prices I saw from a store around Kennedy/Ellesmere last night is as follows:
Pliko P3 Classico - $309 Canadian
2003 Inglesina Zippy - $399 Canadian
Compared to Marilyn's runningstroller.com, the P3 seems quite a bit cheaper (Marilyn has them for $269US, + $35 shipping, with a 1.34 F/X rate = $407 (before 15% duty for Ontario)). But she does have the 2004 Zippy that is not available in Canada yet!!! If I decide to get a Zippy, I would definitely get it from Marilyn...

A.

pamela mom of 3
12-18-2003, 11:16 AM
They must have! 'Cause when i bought my zippy no raincover :(

But maybe that is why i paid 349$CAD? instead of $399?

Figures, seems we always get the run around here lol

Oh i have bought from a running stroller just a small purchase but she was quick to ship & nice to deal with.

GL! :)

http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

hipmaman
12-19-2003, 11:28 PM
Just a thought on the prices if buying from the US...

Don't forget there might be a brokerage fee for the shipping company to clear your parcel across the border (about $35 Cad for UPS) and there is also an 8% duty (beside the 15% taxes) for strollers not made in the US.

Thought you might want to consider all that in when buying from the US. Most of the times, I find after working taxes, duty, shipping, the prices are comparable, unless they are awesome clearance sales in the US that we would come out ahead.

12-22-2003, 02:58 PM
I've always thought that the 8% duty is the same as the GST... I purchased a camcorder online that was delivered through UPS (from New York), and the only charge I had to pay was 15% of the converted Canadian price. The camcorder was made from Japan, so I figure NAFTA doesn't kick in. Is the duty higher on strollers than camcorders?

hipmaman
12-23-2003, 12:51 AM
To be totally honest, I am not 100% sure of this. Sometimes, I get dinged with more than 15% and sometimes less. But when I bought the Dreamer Design Ditto jogger in 2001, I paid more than the 15% in taxes and the Custom Canada person on the phone told me just to be on the safe side work in 8% for stroller duty.

jacolis
06-24-2004, 12:35 PM
HI ladies,

Just wondering if this stroller is available in Canada.... one poster mentioned it was available in Toronto. Do you know where? (I live in Ottawa).

Thanks!

hipmaman
06-24-2004, 08:45 PM
Yes it is available now at Baby Shack in Whitby. My friend has a 2003 and wants to sell. If you are interested, email me at [email protected]

jujucb
06-26-2004, 08:02 AM
Here is the Canadian Retailer list from Inglesina:

http://www.inglesina.com/eng/rivenditori/index.php3?countryid=39

There appears to be one dealer in Ottawa. DearBorn in Thornhill has been great to deal with and usually have a few floor models on sale. Out of the others, I have dealt with Mother's Choice, Nursery Rhymes and Baby Shack. I would deal with the first two without hestiation. But the last one, well if you don't have anything nice to say...

jacolis
07-04-2004, 08:44 AM
hi ladies,

well, i called the stores on the link provided by a previous poster and NONE of them have the 2004 Zippy! (actually one store did but they wouldn't ship to ottawa)....

I am a little concerned that none of the stores seemed to know when they would get the 2004 zippy in stock....

we asked here in ottawa at kiddy town and they were told to get rid of their 2003 stock and had NO idea if the 2004 strollers would come. She suggested that the company may be having problems.

Now I am not sure what to do -- DH is concerned that if the company is in some kind of financial trouble we won't be able to get replacement parts or have a warranty.

For this reason I am too scared to purchase a used 2003 from another mom or on eBay.

Does anyone have any news on this????

we had FINALLY decided on the zippy and now i don't know what to do. our second choice was the P3 but we have already purchased the Graco snugride car seat. So, now DH just wants to get teh Graco Metrolite stroller.

arrrrgh.....

pamela mom of 3
07-04-2004, 11:43 AM
That is strange i have seen 2004 inglesina products in Thornhill ontario in a store called dear-born baby express.

I have heard nothing of any "financial trouble" with inglesina or any other issues in general.

I don't know what the delay would be about...you could try contacting inglesina.

-good luck :)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

jacolis
07-04-2004, 11:53 AM
Thanks Pamela.

We called this weekend and they said they did not have the 2004 model but to check back in a few weeks (she noted they had been on order for a while....).

Nursery Rhymes in Kitchener had one but they would not ship to ottawa....

it just seems odd that NONE of the stores had the 2004 stock..... i will try and call inglesina on monday. this has made DH very nervous.

We are considering the P3 as a possibility but have already purchased the Graco snugride car seat so we don't know what to do!

snowangel
07-05-2004, 12:04 AM
Dear-born is usually really on the ball with these things. If anyone gets the stroller in, it will be them I am sure. I would be hesitant about buying the Metrolite. It doesn't collapse well. My friend has one. I would consider using a Snap N Go for the car seat and then just wait til the new Zippys come in. That's my $0.02

jacolis
07-05-2004, 08:38 AM
Hi all --

My latest update on the quest for the 2004 Zippy.

Dear Born has now informed me that they are discontinuing carrying the Zippy as has Kiddy town in Ottawa.

Doh!

I am going to call Inglesina today to find out what is going on.... it seems odd that no one can get this stroller.

We may end up getting the P3 as our alternate (we were debating between these two strollers).

We did purchase a SnapnGo from DearBorn so we can use that for the first little bit anyway with our Graco snugride.

I would like a nice stroller for walks around the neighbourhood though.... I am due in mid-August so I imagine i may want to go for walks in September.

Thanks you so much for all of your help - this site is great!!

hipmaman
07-05-2004, 06:29 PM
I have not heard of Inglesina in financial trouble. I think it might be because anything deems high-end (means expensive) but non-PegPerego in Canada has a hard time selling. So not too many stores wanting to carry them as turn over isn't great. Peg Perego has a large following in Canada and virtually no competition from others high-end companies like Maclaren, Chicco, Inglesina, etc.

The other reasons could be that the distributor of Inglesina in Canada and not the company itself might be in financial trouble or that it decided that the return doesn't worth the investment.

pamela mom of 3
07-05-2004, 06:51 PM
Well an interesting tidbit a guy working @ dear-born said to me..most people come in and ask "what do you have that isn't perego" LOL }(

Yet it is an odd thing, i thought the zippy was doing quite well ???

~Pamela Mom Of 3

jacolis
07-14-2004, 04:38 PM
hi all,

a quick update... i was finally able to order my zippy!!

because we already had teh graco car seat i didn't want to then get a peg stroller. so, i found a store in montreal (www.juniorbaby.com) that carried the zippy. plus, he only charged me $18 to ship it to ottawa which was very reasonable.

i also got the bassinet attachment but it was only available in blue check so we ended up getting the matching stroller in blue check. [unfortunately it will clash with our black car seat but alas...) i'm a bit nervous as we bought it sight unseen but it has so many rave reviews and the features we want....

did anyone bother getting the "boot" to go with it? i know we won't need it until the winter but i am wondering if it is worth it... or do you just put a fleece blanket over it?

are there any other accessories you would recommend? i have heard that the stroller holder cup is good for the zippy as is the skip hop diaper bag. did anyone get the matching cartella diaper bag?

thanks!

pamela mom of 3
07-14-2004, 06:55 PM
Well good for you! that is great, being persistent pays off ;)

I did like my boots, didn't have one for the zippy though but may i suggest something like a cozy rosie instead>? reason being you can use it longer....i still used mine last year with my son and he was 2.5yrs/3yrs at the time.

http://www.sewbeautiful.com

enjoy your zippy! :)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

jacolis
07-19-2004, 02:11 PM
hi again,

well, my zippy came the VERY next day from Junior baby in montreal - very impressed with their service!!

It is fabulous!! Even DH had to admit it is a great stroller (he had been trying to get me to buy the Metrolite since it was available in Ottawa).

The one-hand fold is AMAZING! I had trouble with the other strollers - especially the Pegs. the wheels are also fabulous. Our bassinet should also be arriving this week. I cannot wait to take baby out for walks in the zippy!

i would like to order some accessories. I read about a new diaper bag called "Jam Packed" -- it is a Canadian product. Anyone used it? I am not sure if it fits over an umbrella stroller like a skip hop would. I would also like to order a cup holder for the zippy.

Do you know if the Prince Lionheart cup holder fits over the zippy? can you close it with the cup holder on?

Thanks again for all your help!!

pamela mom of 3
07-19-2004, 02:26 PM
Well had not heard of that bag so i looked it up..

is this it?
http://www.jampacked.ca/index.html

It's interesting, not sure what i quite think of all the "goodies" coming along with it..not that i think coupons, try items are bad, i guess i just can't help but wonder how that plays a role in the bags cost?

The skip hop is quite a good stroller bag, i own/owned alot of bags and this is one of the best i have seen to actually "work" on a stroller...it's set-up just right for this purpose, and the big front pockets are strong and will work as cupholders..i tried a big munchkin straw cup filled with water and it held it fine. Guess i am saying if you want a bag for the stroller the skip hop seems the most suitable IMO at least with what is out there now. If you want to put your bag in your basket their are many other choices more suitable..

Cupholder wise, sorry i have never found one i liked, they all flipped my drink, fell off or did some other crazy action LOL.. i wouldn't place anything hot in a skip hop bag but on the whole for a sippy cup/bottle...fountain drink/water bottle etc i think it would work just fine and better than those "add-ons" but that is only me ;)

glad you like your zippy, it is a very nice stroller! enjoy :)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

jacolis
07-21-2004, 10:10 AM
Hi Pamela,

Yes, that is the diaper bag (it was recommended in the most recent issue of Today's parent - saw it at the OB's office).

I think I will just get the Skip Hop b/c I know for sure that it will fit on an umbrella stroller. DH liked the look of the "jam packed" b/c of all the separate compartments. I hadn't even noticed all the baby stuff/coupons they include...

Thanks again for your help!

pamela mom of 3
07-21-2004, 01:16 PM
Really in the latest TP mag? LOL ok i need to locate mine and look better :D

Your welcome, again enjoy your zippy ;)

~Pamela Mom Of 3