PDA

View Full Version : Bugaboo in Calgary!!

Piglet
02-27-2004, 01:41 PM
I don't know what is more impressive that a) there is a Bugaboo in Calgary, b) that the owner is a distributer or c) that DH was the one that spotted it and ran to tell me about it!

I was out shopping last night with DH and DS and lo and behold an orange Bugaboo was making the rounds of my favourite mall. DH was the one that spotted it and actually came running to tell me about it. He is NOT into my stroller obsession, so this was nothing short of a miracle - he actually listens when I blather on, go figure! I kind of stood there in awe, and then went about my shopping only to bump into the family at my fave shoe store (now, what could be better shoes and Bugaboos!). I immediately assumed the mom wasn't from Calgary (if you have been to Calgary, the land of the Evenflo/Graco, you'd know why I say that). She said that not only is she from Calgary, but is setting up as a Bugaboo distributor. She gave me a pamphlet and her business card. She lived in Holland for a while and got into Bugaboos there. I told her about my stroller obsession and about the BB boards, full of others like me. If anyone is interested, I believe her email is [email protected] (or possibly [email protected] - I left her card at home). Either way, her phone number and such are on the Bugaboo site under Canada.

Happy frogging to all!

Neatfreak
02-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Oooh ... you know, I saw someone with a Maclaren once and got pretty excited, so I know where you're coming from :) Thanks for the head's up!

Piglet
02-27-2004, 05:00 PM
Hi Laura,

I just checked out your site and all I can say is WOW! I did a degree in O.R. at U of C. I love your About Me - "I could study queuing theory all day." You don't read that too often on peoples' sites! My DH even did a Masters in OR and his thesis was all about queuing theory.

Nice "meeting" you!

pamela mom of 3
02-27-2004, 07:13 PM
LOL hmm i know what you mean about non-mainstream strollers here in Canada, you sorta break your neck looking at them as they go by ;)

Only have seen a bugaboo once, that was going down a street...and we were several lanes over.

I think it's great we're finally getting some choices beyond the basics offered here over the years.

:)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

Neatfreak
03-01-2004, 10:56 AM
I must admit that I was grinning as I left work on Friday because one of my co-workers stopped by the office with her two-week old son, snoozing soundly in a Mountain Buggy - my first "real-life" peek at one of those LOL!

Marina, that is so cool that you studied OR - I did my undergrad at the U of A (yeah, I'm one of those transplants to Calgary) and then my MSc at UBC. There's not a lot of queuing theory or OR/MS in my life anymore, but a girl can dream :)

Piglet
03-01-2004, 05:33 PM
Sadly, no more queuing theory in my or DH's like anymore either - that's what you get for working in an oil town. You either get into the energy industry or you get stuck working shift work in the Industrial Park (both me and DH worked for SMED (furniture manufacturing) and got out very quickly).