PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever gone to those indoor playgrounds?

wearing pjs
03-10-2004, 06:47 PM
i'm starting to get a bit uptight, thinking about the new baby and how my 2.5 year old will handle it. already thinking about 'outings' we can take and was wondering about those indoor play areas - ball rooms, climbing stuff, etc. - there's a couple in toronto. i have no idea if they're worth the money...or how much money they cost!

anyone? opinions?

expecting second boy in june.....and nothing fits but good ol' pjs.....

KathyO
03-11-2004, 10:44 PM
The indoor playgrounds do sound neat, but I don't have any near me, so on days when it's too wet/snowy to get out to the regular playgrounds, we go to the drop-ins. I have a super-active 2.5 year old and an infant too, so I know what you mean. Start with your nearest Early Years Centre, see what they have for their Together Time space (it varies), and ask the other moms about other nearby drop-ins. One of my favourites in my area has a climber/slide and a bunch of ride-on toys and other similar energy-burners, and another has fewer toys but tons of space for running around in. And they're all free!

Do you know anyone who gets Toronto Life magazine? They publish a set of supplementary booklets (one per month) on bargains in town, good restaurants, wines, etc. They have one for kids, and it contains descriptions of the indoor playgrounds and what each one costs. I had one kicking around... if I find it, I'll log back on and tell you what's where and for how much!

Cheers,

KathyO

wearing pjs
03-12-2004, 08:20 PM
thanks for the tip - i checked out toronto life's website, and they have the listings online!

that was easy!

expecting second boy in june.....and nothing fits but good ol' pjs.....