PDA

View Full Version : Great deals at Roots outlet

Mom2Miri
09-04-2004, 05:38 PM
Just got back from our 2 week trip to Alberta where we had a wonderful time. Wanted to share that we stopped at the Roots outlet yesterday and got some great deals on clothes for DD. They were just putting out winter things on clearance - about 75% off. Picked up several nice fleece jumpers and a few things for next summer as well. We were told they have 11 outlets all over Canada.

HTH,
Helen & Mirielle 2/25/03

darby24
09-06-2004, 12:24 AM
Glad to hear your trip went well. You can get great stuff at the outlet when you hit it at the right time of course. I was just there with my sister and the two boys and we found a few items. Of course it's still 2/3rds girls clothes!

Question to our fellow Roots fans. While shopping around I noticed 2 different labels on the clothes. One the standard black 'Roots' (marked with the red pen of course) and one thin tan/beige 'Roots 73' (no red marks).

Is the 'Roots 73' the outlet brand? The clothing with the '73' seemed not to be as soft and almost always not on sale. I've been once to the Gap Factory store (in the US) and noticed they have their own Factory label on some items. Just curious.

smiliedds
09-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the tip. I just went to one today and picked up a few things for DS and myself ;) . I got a couple of sleepers, a bib, and a summer romper. I also got a yoga flex jacket for myself for only $19.99 (down from $54.99 outlet price) - just couldn't resist. Oh, I saw some great deals on the leather jackets for only $59.99 too!

Rebecca

nupe
09-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Is there any online ordering from Roots or Roots outlet? I've seen that sears.ca has roots items, but that is all I have seen.

Thanks,