PDA

View Full Version : Where to get/see Valco stroller in Canada?

Blue Ginger
10-19-2004, 09:55 AM
I've seen pics of the Valco but would like to see one in person. Any idea of where I can see it in person? I live in Oakville.

VGL
10-19-2004, 10:18 PM
Baby World in Stoney Creek has Valco strollers.
They had a Runabout with a Bassinet and one with a toddler seat. They've only had them in for about a week.

They're located in the Stoney Creek Decor centre on Lewis road which is across from Stoney Creek Furniture. To get there take the QEW Niagara to the Fruitland Rd exit, then take the South Service road to Lewis Road.

The store also has a Phil and Ted's E3, a BebeCar pram, several Pegs, Zoopers and a few other strollers.

http://www.babyworlds.com/

snowangel
10-23-2004, 09:47 PM
Oh my gosh. Thank you for that link and head's up!

I am looking for a Mac Twin Traveller. I will have to give them a call.

VGL
10-23-2004, 10:31 PM
You're welcome.

They didn't have any Mac's when I was there but they did have a few Kidco strollers which I think are Mac Knock-offs.

I'm guessing they have the best selection or strollers in the Hamilton area though. Good prices on Peg Atlanticos.....$300 something depending on the fabric and if it had a boot.

hipmaman
10-24-2004, 02:06 AM
If you are looking for Macs, Macklems and Li'l Niblets & Baby Sprouts have them. Macklem's is also an authorised Mac repair shop. Just a warning, they are not cheap in Canada ;(

jujucb
10-24-2004, 10:22 AM
Last February, the TT was $650.00 plus tax at Macklems. That was too much for me to spend on a second stroller.

As a btw, If your looking at an umbrella sbs, but don't want to pay the Mac price, you could look a couple of others. I have an Inglesina Twin Swift and a neighbour has the Kidco Double. They are pretty much the same when you look at the construction, handling, weight, size (folded and unfolded) and price $399.99. I think on paper these two are also similar in size and weight to the Mac. Once I got the price for the Mac, I stopped comparing. The TS has a longer seat depth at closer to 10" with a waterfall edge. The Kidco seats are only 8" with a straight edge. The TS has two canpoies and three handles. I find the third handle is more comfortable and a bit easier to steer one-handed. I can also add a Babu Tray/Cupholder to it and the Jolly Jumper sbs rain cover fits it really well.

Hope that makes sense. Typing with three kids trying to help me :P