PDA

View Full Version : ISO Maternity Parka

Piglet
10-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Help me fellow Canucks!!! I am due at the beginning of March and can not find any outerwear. Thyme doesn't think we Canadian moms-to-be need warm coats, but we already have 5 cm. of snow on the ground here in Calgary. I went to the Old Navy web site and they have a nice coat, but our store doesn't carry it and ON will not ship to Canada. Any other suggestions? I might have to resort to using DH's winter coat, but he probably needs it and I am pretty sure it will be pretty goofy on me considering it is men's XL (the sleeves probably go down to my knees). Does anyone have any other suggestions? What did everyone else use? I am getting more desperate as I get bigger and the temperature gets lower, LOL. As an aside, I am going to Toronto in early November, so I can shop for a coat there, if anyone knows of any good stores.

Thanks everyone,

shandrin
10-22-2004, 12:37 PM
Well my first was a march baby, here is what i did, i bought a parka with a drawstring waist and kept moving it out...we joked if the baby did come soon my coat was going to pop LOL

Sorry that was the best i could come up when i was PG

good luck :)

PS; can you try another ON store??

psophia17
10-22-2004, 03:53 PM
I wore a mens parka from Sears when I was pg - the drawstring was key. I could tighten it to fit snugly around my belly, and it helped keep the wind out. I didn't even mind that the sleeves were so long, that kept my hands warm.

I did notice that while I'm usually freezing year round, while pg I was a furnace. I didn't need to do up my coat unless it was below freezing, and it was off as soon as I got inside because I would warm up so fast.

HTH!

-Petra

DS - Nathan, 12/29/03

smiliedds
10-22-2004, 08:35 PM
Same here, parka with drawstring was the key. I kept thinking I would need a bigger jacket and it was never necessary. But then my pregnant tummy was growing more upward then forward at the last month. Good luck.

Rebecca