PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego 2005 -- when?

Blue Ginger
11-25-2004, 09:35 PM
I am looking for the Pliko P3 2005 in Canada. I know they are already out in the states but don't see them anywhere in Canada.
Anyone have any luck?

jujucb
11-28-2004, 09:33 AM
From my experience, we seem to get most of their strollers a few months after the US. Like the 2004 Aria Twin LB came out in the US in late 2003, but it took to mid-March of 2004 to get one in Toronto. Even then it was only in Black Sable and no delivery dates for the other two patterns. I was in Bonnie Togs two weeks ago. The clerk was telling me about the how cool the 2005s are going to be. The PP rep had been in to educate them on the changes. She wasn't sure when the new ones were coming. Probably after the holidays.

Have you tried calling PP directly?

(905) 839-3371 (Pickering, Ontario)

nov04
11-29-2004, 07:01 PM
Not sure if this helps anyone but here goes....
I got mine from arunningstroller.com in the US, it only cost about $10 more with exchange: $269 US although PP US has already upped the prices on their retailers to $289, plus shipping of $28 US. Marilyn is sending me the new universal strap.

eta: forgot about the duty, about $70, well worth it for me personally

If you buy it elsewhere, make sure they will include the strap. PP US can't send one to Canada and PP Canada has no idea when they'll be getting them AND you'll have to pay for it. Also, check with Marilyn about how she ships (UPS with us), last I heard, UPS Canada was on strike.

VGL
11-29-2004, 10:13 PM
Just an FYI, UPS Canada went back to work on Wednesday Nov 24.

nov04
11-29-2004, 10:27 PM
glad to hear, thx

jujucb
11-30-2004, 07:00 AM
Just curious, will PP Canada honour the warranty of a US stroller? I know the PP US won't support the European strollers found on ebay. Or is it just an ebay thing? Dh is rough with my strollers, so I'm addicted to warranty.

nov04
11-30-2004, 07:56 AM
I have an email from PP Canada that they will service PP US stroller (I asked specifically about warranty, hopefully they mean service under warranty). I made that mistake with another stroller, never again.

Blue Ginger
11-30-2004, 09:07 AM
I called PP in Canada and they said there are a few stores already selling the Pliko 2005 (without the universal car straps) i.e. Kiddies World in Mississauga. I think I might get one there as ordering it on-line in the States cost more when you factor in the duty. I did call PP USA and they are going to send me the strap c/o a baby store I will be visiting soon across the border.

Man...canada PP sucks for not having those straps.

jujucb
12-01-2004, 08:33 AM
That's great that they'll handle the warranty. But it does suck that the strap is an extra here. Why is it we always seem to get the shaft over these little things?