PDA

View Full Version : Maclarens 30% off at Bo Bebe (Calgary)

Piglet
12-20-2004, 04:20 PM
I was just at Bo Bebe in Crowfoot Village in Calgary yesterday and they are clearing out their Maclarens. Sadly, they are no longer carrying Macs (other than the Volo), but the sale is very good. They also have Peg Peregos for 10% off. On a interesting note, they have the Valco single with toddler seat ($499 +$109), E3V2 ($499 + $129 doubles kit), and a new brand called Red Castle (which didn't impress me too much). I did not see any Zoopers, which were their mainstay at first. Thay also have Britax car seats, but are having a really tough time getting them from the distributor so that are very much on back order.

I bought a Rally Twin for $350 and the Twin Traveller came out to $420 after the discount. The Volo was $126. I hope I made the right decision in choosing the RT over the TT, but I wasn't even planning on using a double stroller until I saw this sale (I was going to use a single + Buggy Board + sling) so I didn't want to spend the extra $70.

I hope someone from Calgary can benefit from this sale (it is on until January 1st).

bobebe
02-03-2005, 11:41 PM
I would love to respond to this email as the owner of bo bebe who happened to stumble onto this website by accident..
First off, yes Maclarens are being disct'd due to enormous returns and defective wheels (especially on mac3) as well as broken coils and springs. We were very sad to see them go as they were a beautiful line and very functional for double strollers and travelling.

Zooper was also dropped due to high number of service issues (even though we helped set up a service depot locally in Calgary) they too dropped the service account as it was too much repair volume for them as well. I myself had 2 zoopers over the course of my 2nd and 3rd child and was disappointed to have to drop them.

For Britax, they are not backordered, we just cannot fit more than the 3 skids at a time in our warehouse and they consistently pre-sell so fast, we cannot keep up. There are no issues with the vendor in the US at all and in fact, they are treat to deal with!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share our sale info with other parents, I hope you enjoy your purchase of the Rally Twin, it was one of the main reasons we picked up the line in the first place.

P.S Red Castle Sport is an AMAZING stroller for the outdoor crowd, single and double with too many features to list here....

Sincerely,
L. Chevallier
President
bo bebe