PDA

View Full Version : Kind of a non-baby topic...does anyone have experience with/own Shermag furniture?

jerseygirl07067
01-16-2005, 10:47 PM
DH and I have been looking at master bedroom sets for what seems like forever! Our two favorites are 2 different collections by Shermag, the Orleans and the Heritage. I actually like the fact that it is made in Canada and it seems to be really good quality and well constructed.

It doesn't seem to be one of the more commomly carried lines in my area, and I was just wondering if any of you had experiences with this line of furniture.

I think we're ready to plunk down the big bucks for our final splurge before #2, so maybe I'm just looking for some reassurance!!

Marcy

hipmaman
01-17-2005, 11:30 PM
We have the king-size Orleans sleigh bed with the straight footboard in the Chambord. I just love the well-crafted quality, style, colour, etc. Also I like the Orleans better because the 'feet' of this sleigh bed is curved corners The Heritage is nice too but it has the 'straight' legs instead of the corner legs ;) I'm a tad picky, lol.

Shermag is good Canadian furniture with wood and dove tail construction. The drawers are easily glided. The price is very affordable, compared to other manufactures in the same category. We are quite happy with our choice.

We have also bought the 2-drawer night stand and the 3-drawer chest for bed-side tables. Depending on my mood, I might add other pieces like the amoire in the same line or I might just get something else complimentary to get away from the matchy-matchy look. Either way, I would look at Shermag first for those complimentary pieces.

http://www.shermag.com/eng/bedroom/pdf/orleans_bed.pdf

Where are you located? I assume you can get a local retailer to order it for you eventhough they don't normally carry the collections in the showroom?

jerseygirl07067
01-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Thanks for your response! I think I was looking for reassurance from someone that actually had the Shermag furniture. You have helped!! I did finallly find two retailers who have it on the floor, and they each had only two pieces from each collection, but one of them did have the finish we were looking for so now I am definitely sold on it!! They were able to order it for me, but I found a North Carolina retailer who can get it to me for much less, even with delivery.

I did have a question though, since you mentioned the complimentary look vs. matching pieces. We thought of going that route too, but I don't have a great eye for it. I have looked at the whole website. Have you seen any Shermag armoires that you think could be a good complement to the Orleans chambord finish?

Marcy

hipmaman
01-20-2005, 12:08 AM
Hi,

I haven't really looked at the rest of the collection as I'm not any where near decorating our master bedroom in the new house. But if you want, I'll keep you posted. Or you could keep reminding me ;)

My email is [email protected] if you want to take this off the board.