PDA

View Full Version : where to buy Valco strollers in Ontario?

doobie11
02-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Hi everyone. Anyone know where to buy Valco strollers in ONtario, or even Canada? I can't even find the Valco website to try and find Canadian retailers.
Also, does anyone know of any double strollers (besides the Peg Perego) that will accomodate the PP Primo Viaggio car seat? I have a toddler and a baby on the way. I'm not sure how long the toddler will ride in a stroller, and don't want to spend a huge amount of money on a double. But we definitely want our car seat to snap into whatever double we buy, if at all possible. I know for sure that the Graco Duoglider doesn't take the Primo Viaggio. I'd heard that the Jeep WAgoneer might, but haven't had a chance to try it out.
I live near Michigan, so could easily slide over and buy one there, if what we need isn't available in Canada.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

jujucb
02-28-2005, 08:03 AM
Here is their website and they do list Canadian retailers and I think there is also a Canadian contact email as well.

http://www.valcobaby.com/

If you're stuck for a double that takes the PP seat, you could try the Multiple Births Canada site. Local chapters have sales a couple of times a year and they also have a used stroller section on the site. BTW, I tried the Jeep tandem and it is horrible to steer.

http://www.multiplebirthscanada.org/english/index.php

HTH

mommyofjoey
03-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Hi,

If you live in SW Ontario then you can find the Valco Twin Runabout at The Baby Furniture Outlet in London (on Adelaide Street) and at Crayons in Toronto. If you check out the website the other poster gave you it will list others, but I think these are the two closest to you. When I emailed the company about Michigan retailers a few months ago they didn't have any at that time.

Good luck!

snowangel
03-05-2005, 07:55 PM
They have the Valco Twin at Dearborn Baby Express here in Thornhill, Ontario. They don't have a website though. The price is something insane like $699 Cdn.

hipmaman
03-05-2005, 08:06 PM
With that price for a Valco, I think I would rather spend the money for a MBDU ($799 if I remember correctly). Maybe there might be store 'clearing' out the 2004 for a lower price than $799.

VGL
03-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Baby's World in Stoney Creek (just East of Hamilton) has the Valco Runabout Single. I think it was $500 something.