PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for trip to Montreal

Alys the Cat
05-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Hi, Canadian mommies! My husband is originally from Montreal (NDG area), and we're all going up to visit his family in early June. DS is susceptible to ear infections, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a pediatrician in the area -- just in case.
Also, does anyone know of a place that rents cribs? If that's not an option, any suggestions on where to purchase a portable crib?
TIA!

darby24
05-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Sorry I'm no help as I've never been to Montreal. Would any of your dh's family be of some help? Maybe neighbours with kids or grandkids would have ideas?

I hope you all have a wonderful trip!

Ami
05-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Do you have a pack and play? They are the best for travelling or to borrow from one of your relatives for when you are there.

Also, I'm not sure how old your Ds is but my daughter had 2 bouts of recurring ear infections back to back (even after antibitoics) A herbalist recommended that I try echinacea tea, I had her drinking that and she also did a second round of antibiotics. That was 3 years ago and she hasn't had an ear infection since. Now when she starts getting a cold she asks for her tea and drinks it straight up.

Have fun in MOntreal,

Ami

Alys the Cat
05-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Hi, Ami. Yes -- we have a Pack 'n Play. I was dreading the thought of lugging another heavy thing (car seat, stroller...) on the trip, but that would probably be the best way to go.

I will have to look into your echinacea tip, too. But DS is only 10 months -- maybe too young?

Thanks!