PDA

View Full Version : Cheap double stroller or alternative ideas

jujucb
08-03-2005, 11:36 AM
My friend is not that into strollers, but wants some cheap for her two kids (5yo & 2yo). She has a Cosco Two-Ways Tandem, but wants something easier to steer and folds smaller. Her single is a Graco Classic something or other that she really likes.

I suggested a Buggy or Kiddy board. The Graco has a round bar for the brakes, but it rotates when the brakes are activated and the solid axle is beind the brake bar. I think the she got the kiddy board (for rear axles) and it won't fit. Would the buggy board (for umbrella types) work with her stroller? She'd have to special order it.

She likes the sbs idea, but doesn't want to pay more than $200.00. She almost choked when I told how much my Twin Swift was. She'd prefer a removable front bar so the kids can climb in and out. Both kids are tall for their age, but thin. The 5yo wears 6X stuff but is about 43lbs. She's about 5'10" and her dh is 6'4", so they also need taller handles.

All I can think of in her price range are:

Graco DuoRider. The napper bars remove don't they?

Cosco SBS at Wal-Mart. Know nothing about it and can't find anything on it online.

BabyTrend sbs at TRU.

TIA

pamela mom of 3
08-03-2005, 11:58 AM
My duorider that i had a few years ago the bars opened out and i swear they came off but i know for sure they rotated open LOL..she could always call graco, their usually quite helpful ;)

Personally out of the "cheaper" models i like graco..but that is just me...what about a 2nd hand double? or even a used pliko.

Not sure about the KB/BB thing, i wouldn't use them on cheaper strollers i'd worry about them breaking them, their hard enough on the more expensive models..kwim? but then that is just me :D

ETA; one more thought...despite my opinion on babytrend on the whole & my own experience with a sit n stand...that could work for her, sears carries them and they do hold more than 40lbs per seat

jujucb
08-03-2005, 03:46 PM
Thanks. It confirms what I told her. Graco DuoRider, P3/Zippy or KB/BB with caution.

She's been to Bonnie Togs and the store I hate today. She called me all confused. She likes the P3, but hates the price lol! She's not sure of the SNS just yet. I've given her Li't Niblets and Dearborns #'s. I told her to visit there and to take her Graco with her to fit the board first.

She's also called all the consignment stores to go a wait list for a SNS or sbs. I was on those lists for 2yrs without one call. It's tandemland out here.

pamela mom of 3
08-03-2005, 07:21 PM
If their are any of the larger bonnie tog locations around, she could try one those as well...they have some decent prices on some clearance strollers, perego for example ;)

Great idea for her to take the graco to try a board with it, their pricey one wants to be sure it will work properly