PDA

View Full Version : Car Seat Musings (and a slightly cheaper price on MAs)

Piglet
08-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Well, we finally got an MA for DS2. The second best seats just didn't seem as nice as my Fisher Price, and I didn't want to always be comparing them. Here are a few things I found...

1) the MA is cheapest at TJs Kids www.tjskids.com in BC. The cascade colour is $299. They will ship the cheapest method possible, so it might come out cheaper than the usual $350 price tag. As an example, it worked out to $25 to ship to Calgary.

2) I am SO sick of unknowledgable sales people. I was shown FF seats when I was clearly looking for my 4 month old. I was shown Alpha Omegas galore, even when I stated up front that I didn't want one since I had FF/booster seats already. I was told to spray starch on Cosco straps to make them less twisty. I was given so much misinformation, that I ended up teaching salespeople all the time!

3) I was pleasantly surprised with the boutique-y stores in the city as they seemed more knowledgable and seemed to understand my frustration, but they were pretty poorly stocked - only AOs and MAs. I had to go from Canadian Tire to Sears to Zellers to the Bay just to see everything on the market other than MAs.

Oh well... at least I got my seat and can close this chapter in the book!

Thanks for all your help!

darby24
08-17-2005, 12:24 AM
A lot of that sounds familiar. It's too bad we all seem to have the same problem. Either it's a store with horrible car seat knowledge or excellent car seat knowledge! I haven't been to a store that's in-between yet.

Glad you got the MA, it's such a plush seat!