PDA

View Full Version : Baby photos - where to go in Canada?

Piglet
09-19-2005, 10:30 AM
With DS1, we went to Walmart and while they were cheap, I hated them. The photos were okay, but not great, but the process drove me nuts. I couldn't stand that they were perpetually late when I got there on time and I hated the process of chosing which picture I got as my package shot. In case you haven't been there - they half-heartedly take pictures and you say no until you find one that you find acceptable. Every time you say no, they delete the picture. Once you say yes they give you a billion versions of it. Then they take 6 more pictures, which they actually try hard to get right and try to hard sell you in to buying expensive packages. I just didn't like the process AT ALL. My parents are bugging me that they want pictures done so that they can have wallet-sized to send out and for their wallets. Does anyone have any experiences that are better than mine? Where can I go that isn't too pricey, but doesn't drive me crazy?

Thanks,

jujucb
09-19-2005, 11:31 AM
With three kids, I have a lot or pictures taken the last 6yrs.

I CANNOT stand WM or Sears anymore. They are always late, they screw up and things take so long to get straightened out or re-shot the kids have gone up a clothing size. I hate their rules for getting the special pkg. and so.

I started going to the Loblaw's Superstores. The only time I've had to wait is around the holidays and even that wasn't bad. They don't have a sitting fee. They have different pkg groups. With the higher pkg price, you get more time with the photographer, more poses and sheets. You even get to edit your own pictures prior to ordering. You can pick any pose even for the starter pkg. The best thing was that they are ready for pick-up in 24hrs. So if anything goes wrong you can get it taken care off right away. I paid $20.00 the last time and walked out with twice as many pictures then I'd get at Sears for $50.00!

Good luck!

Typing with twins!

pamela mom of 3
09-19-2005, 01:54 PM
I've actually had good luck with sears, i've used them since eldest dd was 1mth old...she's 9.5yrs now ;)

Probably depends on the studio tho, some have better employees than others i would assume.

I am also curious on how the superstore studio's work but i have yet to try them.

Neatfreak
09-22-2005, 09:13 PM
I would totally recommend this place in Calgary - http://www.kidsphoto.ca/

We've been there twice already, after having a less than terrific experience with Sears. They're pricier than Sears or Wal-Mart, though, but the photographers are real photographers, not just people who can push a button!

snowangel
09-23-2005, 09:02 AM
We also swear by Loblaws (the grocery store). They do a fantastic job. They are very creative with the camera. Sepias are the same price as colour. The packages are $20 or $40. Also, you get to pick them up by 1pm the next day! We go all the time :)
Melanie