PDA

View Full Version : Snowsuits

mikeys_mom
09-19-2005, 11:38 AM
My son is 12 months old and very active. We plan to spend a lot of time outside this winter. Does anyone have any recommendations on good, warm, waterproof snowsuits? I have been told that Columbia is the best (also the most expensive), but am wondering how it compares to OshKosh, Woodland (sold at Bonnie Togs), or the Please Mum snowsuits.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Piglet
09-19-2005, 03:33 PM
I can't say enough good things about our MEC snowsuit.

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84552444224 0623&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302734821&bmUID=1127161949956

You can also try LLBean - there is a free shipping code in another thread here.

hipmaman
09-19-2005, 08:46 PM
I think the Columbia is overpriced and not giving you anything extra than some other brands, kwim? However, they are worth it for 'active' kids/family if you are into skiing, snowboarding where you practically live in your snowsuit for the day. Of course, there are other brands making Gore-tex gear for this kind of activities, but Columbia would suit too.

But for kids and everyday-play, depending on the length of time they are outside playing in the snow, I like Jupa the best. They are not by any mean cheap (just cheaper than the Columbia). I don't mind the MEC either, but if I want something other than solids, I tend to go with Jupa (I have a girl who loves the colourful/flowery Jupa suits, lol).

OshKosh is good too, but watch out for the different external materials. Some sets have materials that is not as 'water resistant' as others and get wet faster. Woodland is a good alternative at a lesser price, but I was told that they don't last as long in the snow as Jupa.

I don't like Please Mum because it doesn't have the pants with bib. But this year, the pants for babies do have bibs and the older kids' pants still don't.

In general, the staff at Please Mum are quite good with snow suit info.

Btw, you might have to decide if you want 1 or 2-pc suit for that age.

Good luck.

snowangel
09-23-2005, 09:10 AM
I always buy the MEC snowsuits and bunting bags for my kids. They are SO warm and lightweight. I saw an Osh Kosh suit at our local Bay store for $140 and let me tell you, it looked crappy!

Where can you buy those Jupa suits? They sound cute for when my daughter gets older.

Melanie