PDA

View Full Version : OT: quality, not too expensive, bedding?

psophia17
10-05-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm probably going with Ikea, but was wondering if there are other options for nice bedding besides Daniadown, Sears, the Bay, Home Outfitters, and Linens and Things?

I'm looking for a King size down duvet, duvet cover, and shams, that aren't insanely expensive and are decent quality.

Thanks!

Neatfreak
10-06-2005, 11:24 AM
Sometimes I can find something I like at Winners/Homesense, but truthfully, I'm an Ikea fan. Can't resist buying a couple of duvets to change the look of our bedroom :)

hipmaman
10-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Not sure where you are but if Oakville/Mississauga is accesible to you, there are places like Deblin Linens, Halton Linen Outlet, etc. that carry the same brands/models/styles but for less money. I find GH Johnson (furniture store) does have good linen for a good price too. It is on Dupont St in Toronto.

Piglet
10-06-2005, 11:30 PM
Costco!! I have a fantastic down duvet from Costco that has been wonderful! I have even bought them for my parents and ILs as anniversary gifts. I raved so much about it, that all my good friends even bought it. Can you tell I love it? The only catch is that they sometimes don't carry King. I have a Queen, but my friends bought a King a few years back.

Here it is on their website: http://www.costco.ca/en-CA/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=10285359&whse=&topnav=&cat=255&hierPath=89*255*

As for sheets, Costco also has nice sheet sets, but again I am not sure if they have all sizes. http://www.costco.ca/en-CA/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?prodid=10285871&whse=&topnav=&cat=1687&hierPath=89*1687*

Otherwise, my perennial fave is still Winners/Homesense as the PP mentioned. I have also bought very nice, well priced sheets at Superstore, of all places?! Truthfully, I have never been impressed with IKEA bedding (although we have lots of it since it is cheap). I have also never had any luck at LNT. I go there and never find anything - prices are too high, generally.

ETA - sorry, I didn't realize you weren't looking for sheets. Most of the same places have shams/duvet covers. I have a duvet set from Costco, but I don't see them on their site right now.