PDA

View Full Version : Help me find these things in Canada, PLEASE!

laurel
10-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Okay helpful mamas, I need your help! There are two items I've been reading about on these boards that I would dearly love to have, but don't think I can find anywhere in Canada, or somewhere that has reasonable shipping to Canada. The first is the Learning Tower. My daughter is just getting to the age where I can see what a benefit this would be. Every day when we get home from day care/work, she looks at me and says "cook?"! She loves to see what's going on on the kitchen counter.

The second item is the backpack in the shape of a monkey or puppy that has a long tail to use as a "harness" for a toddler. Other posters have found it in Target in the U.S. and I think it's made by Goldbug.

Any suggestions/hints? Thanks!

jujucb
10-21-2005, 11:37 PM
I know who has the Learning Tower:

http://www.babyproofingplus.com/item2090.htm

They don't have the backpack listed, but give them a call. They seem to have more in store than online. I know I've seen them before, but I can't remember where or even it was IRL.

laurel
10-23-2005, 12:41 PM
Thanks very much for the link. I'll have a look at their shipping costs and then decide what to do. Too bad there isn't more competition for this product in Canada!

torontomom
02-26-2006, 07:50 PM
deleted...

mizzum
02-27-2006, 11:43 AM
Hi,

I was in a Walmart in Scarbourough, Toronto 2 days ago and they had lots of the monkey and puppy harnesses.

HTH

Lynn

NewfieNat
02-27-2006, 12:12 PM
We finally got the harness from Northland Wal-Mart in Calgary (there were only 2 left when we found them) and now everytime we use it we are bombarded with questions regarding where we found it. Must be a hot item! I'm sure there are a few nasty stares as well but all that matters to me is I'm keeping my "baby" safe!

Just FYI, the Wal-Mart Robeez knock-offs are BAD. I bought a pair and promptly returned them. Bad elastic, bad stiching, bad everything!

Natalie

<I sent my husband to get one at Wal-Mart yesterday while I was at wrok, I've been waiting FOREVER to see them in Canada. However, the stock was not on shelves yet but stuck in the truck because unloaders don't work on Sunday. Whatever. It took him an hour to find out the info. We may try again today but it's a 30 minute drive, not exactly around the corner. I also wanted the Thomas Robeez knock-offs but of course they had every size but 18-24. Called the second-closest Wal-mart to find out if they had any, but they too were "stuck on the truck". Ack Wal-Mart customer service strikes again.>

snowangel
03-03-2006, 01:24 PM
REALLY?! WOW! I would LOVE one of those too!!! I MUST have one. I don't feel like driving to Scarborough though...I am so lazy...