PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buys LandsEnd boots to use in S. Ontario?

hipmaman
10-23-2005, 08:46 PM
Hi,

Has anyone bought LE boots to use in Canada? I usually get Sorel, Kamik, Cougar, etc. for the kids. But I wonder if the LE would work for kids that would need them for schools, daycare, etc. with 2 times/day out in the snow playing?

They are more unique than those we see up here, that's all. Not that what we have up here are not good, but I wouldn't mind getting something different, kwim?

The price seem decent too. For example, the Snow Flurry boots is $25 USD, with taxes, duty, shipping, conversion, etc., they would be about $45 CAD. That's not any more expensive than those I that I have been buying.

Any thoughts? Oh, what about return policy? How easy to return or to exchange for correct size?

Thanks.

bubbaray
10-23-2005, 10:31 PM
Tam, I bought Maya the LE rain boots (from the NQP page and they look perfect to me!). They are really nice quality and fit true to size. If your child is a half size, I would order up.

If you can get to a US Sears store, any LE purchase can be returned there. They do carry some LE items in stock in US Sears stores, but not the full line and each store seems to have different stuff. Maybe a trip to Buffalo?

You can return your LE purchases to the Canadian address and they refund your purchase price + duty & taxes. However, you still have to pay the shipping back to the Canadian address, which for boots might be pricey.

If I needed snow boots for Maya, I'd definitely give the LE ones a try. I got el cheapo ones from Walmart as she only needs them when we go to the ski hill or get our once a year dusting of snow that shuts down Vancouver.

You could also check the LL Bean sale page. They had some toddler snow boots on sale for $15US and they have free shipping (no code needed) on right now. I don't know how their sizing runs. And for returns, you have to ship to their Canadian address.

HTH
Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

Piglet
10-24-2005, 09:29 AM
Personally, I would be nervous about fit. I was very lucky and found Kamik boots for DS at a discount store (the Shoe Warehouse) for $10 a few months ago. I also bought LLBean boots for about the same at Winners of all places. I bought him boots in size 10 and 11 figuring that winter will be so long that he will probably need both sizes, sadly!? Lands End takes returns very easily, but you must either pay to ship it back or you can use the return shipping label but they will deduct $6.50 from the order refund. I don't think you can take it back to the US Sears because they won't know how to pay back the duty and shipping - does anyone know how that works?

You might want to try Softmoc if they are in your area http://www.softmoc.com/ca/systemshow-searchr_g1BOY_d170_H12_P7

I generally shop for winter boots in spring/summer for the following year and try to buy from stores with good return policies or at try to find a great price and then I don't care as much about fit (hence the 2 pairs of boots for this winter).

Piglet
10-24-2005, 10:53 AM
I just checked out LLBea and wanted to ditto Melissa's recommendation - free shipping is a great deal and they do have a lot of winterwear on sale right now!

I bought Comfort Mocs for DH, DS1 and 2 pairs for me, and the total was $100US including duty and taxes! I hope we love them.

pink_butterfly
10-24-2005, 07:18 PM
Hi there,

I bought the Snow Flurry boots for my son last winter (he was two). The sizing wasn't a problem and he never had a complaint all winter about his feet being cold and it was a cold winter here in Ottawa last year!!

This year I bought him some Cougar boots since I was given a gift certificate for Kiddie Cobbler.

As I side note, I bought the Marinac boots for myself last winter. Surprisingly, my feet were really toasty all the time. I was amazed. I bought myself another pair this year when I saw them on sale for $19.99 this summer. The new Sherpa Marinac boots look cool too.

Although shipping can be pricey, Lands End is great to its Canadian Customers for returning things.

Good Luck!

snowangel
10-24-2005, 07:31 PM
Marina, does LL Bean have free shipping to CANADA? If so, I am ALL over that!

Let me know.

From, Melanie

smiliedds
10-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Not Marina here, but LL Bean has free shipping to Canada until Dec 22, 2005. No coupon required and no minimum purchase! Happy shopping!

Rebecca

hipmaman
10-24-2005, 11:08 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll look at LLBean site and see what's there. If I order from LE, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Btw, I buy clothes at the end of the seasons (basically 2 big shopping sprees a yr), but I have not been successful buying shoes/boots ahead of time. The kids' feet are unpredictable. You don't know how many pair of unused shoes I have, lol. Maybe it's time to ebay them off!