PDA

View Full Version : Going to the US tomorrow - what should I bring home? UPDATE

Piglet
11-08-2005, 04:46 PM
UPDATE - here is what I bought...

I was quite impressed with Ann Taylor for me. I found some great pants and some shoes. For the baby... Janie and Jack would be my undoing if I lived in the US - so cute! I also checked out Pottery Barn Kids and found some nice things, but nothing super special. On the last day I stopped in to Nordstrom Rack and DH was happy that we were short on time and luggage space. I could have spent a lot there, but only bought a diaper bag - they had PPBs on sale, but they were still way too pricey so I bought a knock-off for WAY less and it is really pretty! Target was fun too!

We are going to Dallas for a small vacation and I have been trying to figure out what I would like to pick up that I can't get locally. The good news is that I haven't come up with anything thanks to the much improved local scene - I even found See Kai Run shoes and Kecci Diaper Bags yesterday! I don't need any major baby gear, like strollers or carriers. Is there something I am missing?

What about non-baby items? My GF told me I had to check out Ann Taylor on her behalf and I will probably try to find LE at Sears. I will definitely hit Target. Any other stores I should visit? It will be my birthday when we are there, so I can buy myself a gift as well.

Oh, and I have been busily shipping packages to the relatives we are visiting, so I will be returning with Hanna and the Hanna 2nds from Sierra Trading Post - yay!

Neatfreak
11-08-2005, 11:22 PM
Hope you have a great trip! I usually tell my DH that he's welcome to bring home stuff from Benefit cosmetics for me when he's in the US on business - I have a weird obsession :) He normally comes home with something from PBK or Janie & Jack (or is it Jack & Janie) for our daughter ...

Where are the SKRs? I'm happy that I found Pedoodles, even if they're way overpriced here!

Piglet
11-08-2005, 11:36 PM
The SKRs are in the same spot as Pedoodles - Ella Bella in Willowpark Village. I bought them, but will probably return them. They are great but way too expensive for the style I want (Ellis faux fur boots are $55). They seem to be MUCH cheaper from www.itsaragdollslife.com - the lady I have been working with, Karyn, seems wonderful and they have a great sale on right now - 20% off and free shipping even to Canada with code holiday. I will probably have to pay duty/taxes, but the price is about $34 US shipped. There are more details on RL.

Thanks for the reminder about Jack and Janie. I will definitely check them out. I have never heard of Benefit. I usually stick with the Gap, but I will check that out too.

As an aside, did you ever check the snowsuits at MEC? Any luck? We are loving our fleece 1-piece.

Neatfreak
11-09-2005, 12:51 PM
It's been ages since I've been to Ella Bella. Actually, I haven't been there since the name change. I got M's Pedoodles at e-Children, and ordered a pair in the next-size-up from www.tinybirdorganics.com - free shipping to Canada.

We have everything from MEC this winter except a snowsuit at the moment! They only had the Toaster Bunting Suit in navy in the right size when I was there on Friday and I'm hoping for red. I might order it online as they have free shipping right now ...

funlover
11-10-2005, 04:35 PM
There is sooo Much to choose from in the US! No way you can compare it to the shopping here!
Look in the Gap Old Navy and Gymboree (much cheaper than here)also nordstorms for Baby Lulu, Hanna J& J.if you have a girl look at Lilly pulitzer stuff in Nordstorms Bloomingdales for her.they have the cutest prints on earth!