PDA

View Full Version : Fess up - what did you buy on Boxing Day?

Piglet
12-26-2005, 09:10 PM
It was a beautiful day here today (about +10C) and I spent the whole day indoors!? I spent way too much money and I have a bunch of returns to take back now that I have looked at everything I bought again... but I had SO much fun! DH woke up at 6AM and hit the electronics stores - a portable DVD player and a really cheap computer were his big scores at Future Shop. Then I got to hit the mall without kids when he got home. I bought way too much for myself, now that I am officially back to my pre-preg size (or close enough). Good sales at the Gap, Banana Republic, Browns, Jacob and Gymboree (but not so amazing that I had to buy too much). Then I hit Winners (25% off clearance items)... gulp...$500 later... I came home tired and happy! I already have at least half my purchases sitting by the door to return - I never try things on if I can help it on Boxing Day and only buy from stores with great return policies.

So what did everyone else buy? How were the sales? Anything worth checking out throughout the week?

snowangel
12-26-2005, 09:54 PM
Marina. OMG we are SO much alike! I just posted this same topic, HEHE!

Oh BTW I have been meaning to tell you. I joined this Yahoo group called Hannakidz. Anyway, the girls over there are totally obsessed. The nice thing is when they go to the outlets they report back what they find. Some will even pick stuff up and ship it to you! Can't beat that. Anyway, I need another Canadian over there.

laurel
12-27-2005, 09:39 PM
We've got the $89 DVD player from Best Buy in our house too. ;) My DH was out bright and early, and the plan was the same that I was supposed to go shopping, sans DD, when he got home, but he got home too late! My family was coming over for dinner, so that put the brakes on that plan. I got out for an hour today, looking for something fun to wear for New Years Eve. My brother's wedding social is that night, so I want something new! Any good finds that would be good for NYE?

snowangel
12-28-2005, 12:39 PM
I would guess that Winnners would have some nice stuff on sale this week?

Sears also always marks down their holiday dresses to more than 50% off at this time a year. Call ahead though just to make sure. I think The Bay does the same thing.

laurel
12-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Good tip, thanks!