PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried Cosco Regal Ride??

EllasMum
01-15-2006, 09:37 PM
Hi everyone,

Has anyone tried the Cosco Regal Ride convertible car seat? I saw it at Canadian Tire and am considering it as the seat for Grandma's car. Any comments out there?

Thanks!!

jujucb
01-16-2006, 06:16 AM
It's the same seat as the Cosco Touriva, Safety1st ComfortRide and the Eddie Bauer convertible. Other than the name and prices; the differences are the covers and padding level. As long as you have a 5pt version, you have a decent seat for grandma. It's tall for a convertible and is fairly easy to install and use. It's probably Cosco's best seat IMO.

My only advice is to check the Date of Manufacture. My Canadian Tire doesn't sell a lot of seats and most are already a year or two old. Since you can only use the seats for 6yrs, they are almost halfway there. One good thing is that they were made before Transport Canada lowered the rf limit to 30lbs, so they still go to 35lbs! This may be a bonus that outweighs the shorter live-span for some.

EllasMum
01-20-2006, 10:57 PM
>My only advice is to check the Date of Manufacture. My
>Canadian Tire doesn't sell a lot of seats and most are already
>a year or two old. Since you can only use the seats for 6yrs,
>they are almost halfway there.

Good advice. I went today and checked - they had 3 units on the shelf and all were manufactured in 2003! Suffice it to say, I will keep looking... Thanks for the good advice!