PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a change table strap...

EllasMum
01-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Does anyone know where I might be able to buy a change table safety strap(in Calgary or on the web)? I got a change table 2nd hand and it didn't come with the strap. I tried Kacz' Kids in Calgary and they had nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks! =)

Neatfreak
01-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Aw. I thought that Kacz' Kids had everything. Is it a strap to attach directly to the changing table, or one to attach to a foam changing pad? Mine is attached to the pad, not the actual table.

Someone had told me that Superstore sells straps to harness one's child when using their shopping carts, which lack a strap of their own. Would something like that work for you? Maybe TRU?

A fabric store would likely sell nylon webbing and the plastic attachments to fashion a strap of your own, as well. My sister makes a lot of her own satchels and her straps, and they perfom just as well as the store-bought ones.

EllasMum
01-24-2006, 10:27 PM
There are little slots in the change table itself, so I guess it originally had a strap. I thought (silly me!) that this would be an easy thing to find. No luck! I like your idea about the carts harness thing... I'll have to look into that. Someone else (a public health nurse) had suggested a wide velcro strap. I think I like your idea better!

Thanks for the suggestions!

torontomom
01-25-2006, 08:55 AM
deleted...

Piglet
01-25-2006, 10:39 AM
What about E-children on Macleod? They sell lots of higher end furniture and baby gear and might know if you can buy a part for a change table. Also, maybe call Bo Bebe (small location in Market Mall and huge location in Crowfoot Crossing). It seems like a pretty easy thing to make yourself, though. You can buy the webbing material and clasp at Camper's Village (just next to E-Children, BTW).

I will admit though, that I have only used the safety strap a handful of times between both kids. I find my squirmy DS2 can roll around with or without the strap and my mellow DS1 never even tried to roll. I have everything close at hand and NEVER take my hand of the baby while changing him.