PDA

View Full Version : CALGARY - SAVE 10% ON BRITAX AND OTHERS

EllasMum
01-31-2006, 06:49 PM
I just got back from Bo Bebe in Crowfoot - they have a coupon in the "Birth of a Mother" magazine (available in store) for 10% off strollers, furniture, car seats... and some other stuff which I forget at the moment! I got 10% off a Marathon which NEVER happens! Hooray! They had a bunch still in stock, but no cow print ones. I got the houndstooth. The salesperson said that weekends are their busiest time for sales on stuff like carseats but they do still have stock. The coupons are printed inside the little Birth of a Mother magazine. Happy shopping!!

EllasMum
02-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Just an update to this - the coupon is good until Mar. 1, 2006.

Piglet
02-16-2006, 11:19 AM
I just found out they carry the Rock Star Baby stroller (the one designed by Jon Bon Jovi and Tico Torres). It is flying off their racks like crazy, but they just got a new shipment and they have 6 or so at the Shawnessy location, the owner told me. I don't need a stroller, but I am dying to check thisone out!

Neatfreak
02-16-2006, 11:44 AM
Hee hee - I'm sad I'm missing checking it out. I'll admit that I stalked e-Children in 2004 until they got the Bugaboo in ...

Piglet
02-16-2006, 02:53 PM
BTDT! In fact, I was floored when E-children had the Stokke Explory long before many stores outside of NYC had it.

I just went to Shawnessy and fell in love with Phil and Ted's E3. It is such a cool stroller that I am seriously considering selling off just about all my other strollers for this one - could it be "the one"? I have a Maclaren double, 2 Bebecars, a Kelty Jogger that could all be rendered redundant by this beauty. Add 10% off, and Ralph Bucks into the equation... tempting!

I also played with the Rock Star Baby, but the price was steep (athough much less than the Bugaboo) - $699. It is cool, but not as practical for my needs as the P&T. If I were in the market for a Bugaboo, this one would give it a run for its money. I also checked out the new Pegs - very snazzy and I really liked the new Pliko Lite. They also had the Marathon, Roundabout and Parkway. I liked the Parkway for DS1, but I already have the Graco Turbobooster and it serves him well.

What a fun window shopping day!

Neatfreak
02-17-2006, 08:42 AM
I'll probably end up getting the Parkway, or whatever else Britax is selling here, when M's mature enough for a booster. Just because I have the time to wait and Britax has impressed me for forever with the rear-facing tether. But I will wait for a Bo Bebe coupon :)

I also have a crush on the e3, but I could only really justify it if we have another little person and M still tolerates riding in a stroller at that time. Still, I have no regrets about our Zooper.

Piglet
02-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Which Zooper do you have? My good friend is in the market for her 1st stroller and loves the Boogie/Zydeco. Is this the one you have? If so, do you think the seatback is tall enough? Also, do you find the weight to be a problem? I bought one and returned it later that day for those 2 issues - DS was 3 1/2 at the time and I was expecting DS2. Otherwise, I thought it was a great stroller for the money. Mind you if I knew that #2 was coming sooner rather than later, I would go for an E3 for the expandability.

Neatfreak
02-17-2006, 11:47 AM
I have the now discontinued Sport - it's closest to the Waltz, but with an umbrella-fold and pneumatic tires. Which made it perfect for us :) Not to mention that we got a terrific deal on it ...

I really liked the Boogie/Zydeco, too, but decided against that because it was a little much for me to be hauling into my sedan or pulling up the steps into our mudroom, where the stroller normally sits. One of my friends out in Ottawa has one, and kind of wishes she'd made another choice because she felt it was too big to hold her DD securely until she was about six months old and she hates the cozy toes feature, which replaced the more conventional boot. I figure that when one is going spend over $200 on a stroller, it should be tested out thoroughly!

EllasMum
02-17-2006, 01:07 PM
Do either of you mommies know if either Bo Bebe or e-Children (or anywhere else, for that matter!) in the city carry the Ellaroo Mei Hip carriers? I am seriously drooling over one but would like to see it in person first. I did find one Canadian website that is selling it for $68 and free shipping, and they seem to have a good return policy... but if I could see it in person first that would be even better!

Piglet
02-17-2006, 03:51 PM
Haha you are stalking me! I am drooling over the exact same carrier and the same site for $68 and free shipping! I found that site when I was looking up the stores that carry the Yes! nursing bra. I am going to NY this coming week and would love to find one there, but it doesn't seem like there are any distributors. If I order one, I can show you mine :) I doubt that anyone in Calgary has one.

EllasMum
02-17-2006, 08:27 PM
I learned about that carrier by hanging out in the Carriers forum. Sounds like it is the best one for older/bigger babies. I went right to the Ellaroo website and saw their list of distributors. I was pleased to see a number of Canadian retailers - none in Calgary, though, of course! Anyway, when I saw the price in Canadian dollars I figured I'd check out a few American distributors to see what the price would be when factoring in our strong Canadian dollar. Turns out the price is the same in most of the American sites - between $65 and $68 - so really the product is CHEAPER here than in the USA! I had the opposite experience with a little diaper/wipes pouch I bought online - it was actually cheaper to buy it in American dollars and pay the shipping than it was to buy it on a Canadian site! I think I saved about $2 or $3 - which isn't a ton, but hey, every bit helps! So I'd take note of the prices if you're able to find one in NY (I'm jealous, by the way!!) - make sure you're getting a good deal!

Enjoy your trip!