PDA

View Full Version : Nursing bras??

EllasMum
02-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Anybody have a favourite brand of nursing bra? I've just been using the standard Warner's boxed variety and it's been ok, but nothing special. I'm not sure the support is great. I'm posting this here as I want to make sure I can actually get something here in Canada! Where do you buy your nursing bras? Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Piglet
02-13-2006, 11:48 AM
I loved my YES! bra in the early days/weeks/months of nursing, since it was so easy to get opened up and it was VERY comfy. Later on, I found it was lacking support and I stopped needing instant "access". I stumbled accross a very nice, all cotton, no underwire bra from Thyme Maternity. I had NEVER had any luck with their clothing, and I really disliked the quality, but I had bought a bra there on clearance when I was still pregnant and the seams started unravelling. I went to complain and they told me that they hed completely revamped their bra line and would gladly exchange my crappy bra for a new one. I chose the cotton one and they gave it to me no questions asked. I was so impressed with their customer service and even more impressed when this bra became my favourite! I also used my Glamourmom bra tank (Ella Bella in Willowpark Village carries them), but didn't LOVE it like some people. It had a definite purpose and I really appreciated having it for that purpose (NIP, not wanting to expose too much belly, etc.). Since you are in Calgary, if I recall, you can also check out Home Care on MacLeod Trail for nursing bras - weird store to go to since they mostly sell stuff for seniors, but they have a VERY large bra selection. They prefer to fit you and ask that you make an appointment, but if you need a larger bra, they are VERY good. I needed a smallish bra, so I didn't have too much luck there. Finally, there are a few online sites as well, but I am nervous about buying without trying on, particularly something so particular as a bra. I ordered a Leading Lady molded cup nursing bra to wear under t-shirts and I hated it because the cups were too molded and I couldn't easily fold them down to nurse in - seems like a waste to me if the sole reason to get this bra is to nurse in it! With DS1, I had a Bravado and despised it and a bunch of Warners that weren't bad at all. Not fancy, but comfortable and accessible.

Laundraholic
02-13-2006, 04:02 PM
Can I ask what you disliked about the Bravado?

I'm also small-ish (was a 34B last time I was nursing... looks like I'm going to be about a 34 C this time around) so I didn't have much luck finding bras in my size. They all seemed to start at the 36s so they would all ride up on me.

So I was thinking of maybe getting a Bravado this time around... would appreciate all opinions on it first though...

Piglet
02-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Oh, where to begin... right - the sausage roll that they call the band! I despised the way the band bunched up and stayed in a sausage around my rib cage. Nothing I could do made it lay flat. I tried the Yes bra this time because the design is virtually identical, but they promise that the band won't roll (obviously other people have the same problem with Bravados). Sure enough - IO never had a problem with the band rolling up. I also really disliked the lack of support for the smaller cup styles. For lack of a tactful way of putting this, I am a cold person usually and EVERYONE knows it when I wear a bra with minimal support. The Bravado seemed really nice in the D+ sized bras, but little me had no support whatsoever from the B-ish sized cups. The Yes bra has a *bit* more support - not a lot, but every little bit helps. Somehow even with the little extra support, I was more comfortable with my "exposure" level. Generally, the ladies on the maternity forum can give awesome bra recommendations. If you want any more thoughts on the these bras, ask them - I might be a freak Bravado hater, LOL!

EllasMum
02-13-2006, 11:34 PM
> I tried the Yes bra this time >

Is 'Yes' a brand name? I just tried to look this up on Google and nothing comes up! I've seen a few people mention this bra and I'd like to see/read more about it...

Piglet
02-13-2006, 11:51 PM
Yeah, it is a silly name because it is hard to google. Here is their website:

http://yesbreastfeeding.com:8080/yesbreastfeeding/care.jsp

I bought from this store before they were available in regular stores, but I just searched and they are at Baby & Me in the NW. They are a Canadian company, which is nice!

There is someone on Ebay selling them as well, but I do not recall the user name. If you look up "Yes nursing bra" on Ebay, you should find the seller.

bubbaray
02-14-2006, 05:11 PM
I didn't like the Bravado bras at all and swear they aided in me getting mastitis THREE times while nursing DD for a year.... :(

I was a C cup pre-PG and a DD or E while nursing. They didn't provide enough support, IMO. The band sucks too, as Marina said.

Personally, I liked the Warners cotton nursing bra. Worked well for me.

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]