PDA

View Full Version : Anyone order the free book? - Update - got my book!

EllasMum
02-19-2006, 01:25 AM
Update - I just got my free book and it is the American Pediatric Association one. I haven't had the chance to check it out yet but I'm sure it will have some helpful tidbits. I promise not to say "that's not what Dr. Sear's says..." ;) I love The Baby Book. :)

I was just in the 'Bargain Alert' forum and ran across a freebie list that included a 750 page book about baby health (or something similar) available from State Farm insurance... it didn't specify that you had to be American and did seem to accept my order, but I was just wondering if anyone in Canada has successfully ordered and received this book? Just curious! I guess I'll find out in 3-4 weeks if it worked or not! :)

Neatfreak
02-19-2006, 06:20 PM
They (happily?) mailed me a copy back in 2004 ...

Laundraholic
02-20-2006, 11:12 AM
yup... i first ordered it when i was pregnant in 2003/2004, and i got the Mayo Clinic book, it was a litle outdated, but was on pregnancy, birth, and childcare (i remember that I ordered it late in the pregnancy and didn't get it until after I gave birth, so half the book was useless to me already).

I ordered it again with this pregnancy (i had given it away to a friend, and I had moved so they probably wouldn't have a record of my first order), and got a different book... I think it was the American Pediatric Assocation book about childcare -- i think it goes up to 5 years, but i'm not too sure because i didn't like it very much =P

(didn't like many of the ideas... my parenting style leans more towards Dr. Sears stuff)

bubbaray
02-21-2006, 12:27 AM
yup, I ordered in late 2003/early 2004 and got the Mayo clinic book.

Good luck, let us know what book they send you!

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

tg_canada
03-20-2006, 11:54 AM
>Update - I just got my free book and it is the American
>Pediatric Association one. I haven't had the chance to check
>it out yet but I'm sure it will have some helpful tidbits. I
>promise not to say "that's not what Dr. Sear's says..." ;) I
>love The Baby Book. :)
>************************************************** ********************

I went to State Farm's web site and it says that you need to have a username/password to order the free book. To get the username/password you are to "contact your agent". Did you have to get a username/password to order the book? Although State Farm is available in Canada, it's not in my province, thus unlikely they'd give me a username/password.

EllasMum
03-20-2006, 07:00 PM
If you lookup the "consolidated freebie list" in the bargain alert forum, they give you the username and password - I think it is "good" for the username and "neighbour" for the password (um, maybe check the posting for sure - not sure about american vs canadian spelling of "neighbour"!)

ETA: Just checked and it is:
username: good
password: neighbor (correct spelling!)

Takes about 3-4 weeks to get the book.

tg_canada
04-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Thank you EllasMom!

EllasMum
04-07-2006, 10:07 PM
You're welcome. :)

Susan (aka 'EllasMum')

Neatfreak
04-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Seriously, I just made up a name and password and it still worked :)

EllasMum
04-08-2006, 03:35 PM
"Like a good neighbour, 'guest user' is there..." LOL