PDA

View Full Version : Trouble finding Huggies! (Calgary)

EllasMum
02-27-2006, 08:36 PM
Grr! I've hunted everywhere for Huggies Overnites - I can't find any anywhere! I bought them in the past at Wal-mart, but my local WM doesn't have any in stock - or much of any type of Huggies - and I can't find any in places like Zeller's or Shopper's Drug Mart. Anybody seen these around, or know why the general shortage of Huggies?

Thanks! (here's hoping the regular diaper holds up tonight!!)

Piglet
02-27-2006, 10:17 PM
I am not too sure if there is a shortage of Huggies, but I have never needed Overnights for either of my DSs and have never heard any of my friends using them either. Could you possibly just use a bigger size? I find we only have leaks when DS is due for a new size. I do not go by the weight on the packages too much. I hope you have a dry night - I hate when DS wakes up because he is wet!

EllasMum
02-27-2006, 10:26 PM
I did have a package of size 4's around which I bought when I thought DD was ready for them - they turned out to be HUGE - but I tried one on her tonight and she must have grown a bit because they seemed ok. I guess I'll find out tomorrow - she sleeps VERY long nights - was asleep by 6:30 and will likely not wake to nurse until 7am or so tomorrow - LOTS of time to pee! :) She doesn't generally wake up if she is wet/poopy so I just end up having to change her sheet the next morning! I guess we'll see. Hope the 4's do work as I also picked up a pack of Huggies Supremes in size 4 for night-times (the other pack I had were Parents Choice - walmart brand).

Keep your fingers crossed for a dry sheet tomorrow! :)

Piglet
02-27-2006, 11:07 PM
All I can say is you are lucky! DS1 was a super sleeper just like your DD - 12 hour nights every night from 2 months on... DS2 is a totally different creature! He finally started sleeping through the night last week (not totally consistent, but better than ever before... fingers crossed). In any event, neither of my DSs have ever ever slept when wet, so consider it a blessing ;)

I hope the next size works. I found that different brands fit differently - the generic size was the smallest, then the "Supreme" since it was more fitted, and then the regular was the biggest. I was able to stagger the brands and cover a broader weight range that way.

EllasMum
02-27-2006, 11:44 PM
>I was able to stagger the brands and cover a
>broader weight range that way.

Good tip! That hadn't actually occurred to me! I did a trial of alot of store brand diapers to see if they were as good as the real thing -I think the best I found were the Our Compliments ones... but I digress. I did notice the size difference - DS can now just barely squeeze into one of the Parents' Choice (Wal-mart) size 3 diapers but she fits comfortably into a size 3 regular Huggies. If tonight is leak free with the Parents Choice size 4 I will do as you suggest and use a bigger size at night in the cheaper brand. You always get more for your money with the smaller size diapers (ie more in a pack) so I can save a few pennies that way. Thanks for putting the idea into my brain!

Good luck with your DS's sleeping - full nights! Full nights! Hooray! :)

Neatfreak
02-28-2006, 03:35 PM
I know that I've seen the Overnights at London Drugs, and I would think that Superstore would have them. I'm glad you've cobbled together an intrim plan, though!

Neatfreak
02-28-2006, 03:35 PM
Ack! Double-posted!

NewfieNat
03-02-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm joing you in the search! We love (loved?) Huggies Overnight but today Wal-Mart was out of stock. Come to think of it last month I had to go to a second location to find size 4. Maybe they stopped carrying them. I checked London Drugs as well, nothing :-( I hope you are able to find some soon.

Natalie

EllasMum
03-02-2006, 06:09 PM
I even emailed Huggies to find out if maybe they are not selling them in Canada anymore and was advised that "Overnites are available for sale to retailers in Canada". So I guess they are still available - it just seems like no one is stocking them! Grr. I've checked London Drugs, Shoppers Drug Mart, Super Drug Mart, Safeway, Sobey's, Wal-mart, Zellers... I'm running out of places to shop! Sigh. I hope they're back soon!

snowangel
03-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Our WM is hit and miss for them too. We have to double diaper. Basically we put the normal dipe on and then a pull up over.