PDA

View Full Version : Sit 'N Stand stroller by Baby Trend

mas_mom
02-27-2006, 09:42 PM
I just saw this stroller on-line. Since I've got a 2 year old running around and another one in the oven, this seems like a good stroller option to the clunky double strollers.

Does anyone know if it's available in Ontario (Greater Toronto Area preferably)?

Any opinions on the stroller?

Piglet
02-27-2006, 10:25 PM
That stroller is definitely available in Canada - try Toys R Us or Sears. That having been said, it is not very highly recommended. I eyed it when I was considering my double needs and while it sounded great on paper, it was actually quite poorly designed. I found it too heavy, clunky and hard to steer. I also tried to stay away from travel systems because it is now known to be bad to keep babies in car seats for too long outside of actual travel time.

I would really recommend scouring the stroller board for ideas because there are countless moms looking for the perfect double. For me, if money were not too tight, I would go for a Phil and Ted's E3. It can be converted from single to double in seconds, weighs very little, has a full recline, has a car seat adapter bar, steers like a dream and is very well built. It is available in Canada (in the $500 range), but it has such a long lifespan compared to most strollers that it should be worth its price in the long-run. When you consider that you will often times want a single instead of a double, this stroller is awesome. I didn't buy one, and ended up with a Maclaren double and a full-size single in my trunk all the time - thankfully I have a big trunk, but it was a pain!

Good luck,