PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where in GTA that sells Crocs shoes? Or on-line in Canada?

hipmaman
03-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a few pairs and wonder if there would be good price for them. www.crocs.com just in case anyone would like to know...

On-line from Crocs either adult Cayman/Beach models would be about US$ 30 for the adult Beach or Cayman model, plus US$ 10 shipping to Canada. On ebay, they go for about US$ 26-30 for BIN + shipping (say $10).

In a Canadian B&M store, I can buy a pair for approx. C$40 or (US$ 35) after taxes.

Does anyone know where else could be cless? Also anywhere in the GTA that I can get a pair of Cayman style? The ones around Oakville/Burlington/Mississauga do not carry the Cayman.

Thanks in advance.

EllasMum
03-17-2006, 12:24 AM
Hi Tam,

Here in Calgary we have a store that sells 'Dawgs' which appear to be identical to the Crocs. I went to both websites and I can't see a difference. Check it out:

http://edoublediamond.com/Dawgs-Clogs.html

hipmaman
03-17-2006, 12:24 PM
They do look pretty much the same, eh? I wonder if they are made by the same company. Crocs are made by a Canadian company with manufactures in Canada, Mexico, China, etc. Just curious, not that it matters...

Thanks for the link to the Dawg clogs.

Piglet
03-17-2006, 04:18 PM
I have no idea if this helps or not, but I just drove past our Once Upon a Child this morning and they had a huge sign saying that they were getting Crocs March 20th. I am not sure which styles they will carry, but maybe try a OUAC in your area?! Otherwise, I have seen them in all sorts of higher-end comfort shoe stores (Sole Comfort in Calgary comes to mind).

If you don't mind my asking - what is the appeal of these? Are they for beach/gardening/wearing around town? I don't get them.

torontomom
03-17-2006, 05:20 PM
deleted...

hipmaman
03-17-2006, 09:28 PM
I have a million pairs of shoes, boots and sandals for work, go out and such, but when it comes to comfortable shoes, I tend to wear my Birkenstock for most of the summer, playing with the kids, knock around, etc.

These clogs don't have the same degree of 'dressiness' as some of the Birks do, but they are really light (just ounces), made of a very 'cool' material that is neither rubber nor plastic, anti-bacteria, great support (orthopedically), breathable and will dry in no time flat, shapes to your insole/foot, etc. They started out as boat/deck/gardening shoes and people just love them and now they are in the street!

I not sure I want to trade my Birks in for the Crogs full time, but I thought to get a pair for my trip to Disney World in April, lol. I thought it might be perfect with the pools, water parks, walking long distance, hot humid weather, etc. Instead of non-supportive flip-flops, kwim?

The kids' Crogs are really cute. My dd loves hers. I bought these instead of the pool/water shoes for her as she is a bit older now (6.5 yrs old). Cool factor! Plus, those darn water shoes don't dry out fast, always so wet and damp. Yick! My ds is still between size and Crocs don't fit him so I have to live with water shoes for him though.

Btw, I check the Crogs site and out of the cities that I could get to, that OUAC in Calgary is the only one that carries it (for now, I guess).

hipmaman
03-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Which Kiddie Kobbler is it? I swear the retailers list on the Crocs site was no good. It has mostly wholesale distributors to medical professionals and they all were dumbfounded when I called asking if they sold 2 pairs, LOL.

I found a shoe store in Burlington that has kid's and adult's sizes for $5 less than the normal price in other stores. Just hope they have the size and the colours.

Thanks.

EllasMum
03-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Hi Tam,

Today I was at the Mom & Tots Fair in Calgary, and they had a Crocs vendor there. I don't know if the Fair is a travelling show, but you might want to look for it in your area - I'm sure most of the vendors travel with the show... Although you may be too anxious to get your new shoes to wait for a Fair! Good luck - hope you're able to find some at a decent price!

torontomom
03-18-2006, 12:54 PM
deleted...

hipmaman
03-19-2006, 08:20 PM
I think it's either Emily or Emile Shoe on Fairview road in Burlington. The saleperson told me they carried both adult and kid. I have not had a chance to go to the store yet.

Found them at Sport Check too but huge sizes and only the yucky colours (black, brown, sage, etc. which are perfectly fine colours but not when it comes to plastic-like kind of shoes, kwim)?

torontomom
03-23-2006, 11:04 PM
deleted...

pamela mom of 3
03-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Hi Tam :)

I've also seen them at kiddie kobbler they were 29.99

hipmaman
03-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Hey Pamela,

How are you? Long time no 'see'. Hope you guys are doing well.

hipmaman
03-24-2006, 11:14 PM
These seems to be knock-offs but price is totally right! Thanks.

bubbaray
03-26-2006, 10:22 PM
If you are OK with knock-offs, I saw them in both adults and childrens sizes at Payless shoes recently.

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Girls&SLC=GirlsSandals&BLC=GirlsSandalsBeach&Width=Regular&ItemCode=53056&LotNumber=044097&Type=Youth&Popularity=160&DescriptiveColor=Navy

ETA: Here's the link to the women's sizes: http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensCasuals&BLC=WomensCasualsComfort&Width=Regular&ItemCode=52959&LotNumber=043039&Type=Adult&Popularity=635&DescriptiveColor=Black

The prices are in US dollars on the website, but I saw them IRL in the Vancouver area stores.

HTH

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

satchelp
03-31-2006, 07:08 PM
You can buy Crocs for a pretty decent price online at this Canadian website:

http://www.mygear.ca/shop/?shop=1&cat=37&cart=10952

hipmaman
04-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the site!

smiliedds
04-04-2006, 01:55 PM
I just found out that Roots carries the Cayman model for $35 + tax. The one I went to had only adult sizes (XS - XL) and only has them in four colors. But the sales there told me other stores would have different colors. HTH

Rebecca

hipmaman
04-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Thanks Rebecca. Got your email too!