PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE - Huggies Overnites

EllasMum
03-17-2006, 07:45 PM
OK so I tried to update my earlier post about the Huggies Overnites but for some reason the update wouldn't take. Anyway, here's the info:

UPDATE: I went to the Mom & Tots Fair today and spoke to the Huggies representative that was there. I grilled her about why I can no longer find Overnites - and there was good news and bad news. The bad news is that the Overnites as we know and love them have been discontinued. The good news is that Huggies has revamped their Pull-Ups and will offer a product called Pull-Ups Overnights which are more absorbent than regular diapers (and also regular Pull-Ups) but go on and off like Pull-Ups, meaning they can either be pulled on or put on like a diaper. The rep said that they are being shipped to stores starting next week. When I asked her why the Overnites were being discontinued she said they weren't selling very well, and then sort of looked perplexed and said "You're the 4th person to ask me about the Overnites today". HMM. Gee, we Overnites users must have been a small but dedicated bunch! :) So as of next week we should be able to get those Pull-Ups Overnights at least!

NewfieNat
03-18-2006, 05:50 PM
Hmmm today she told me it would be a month before they'd be in stores. We'll see I guess! They should get their story straight! I was also unimpressed with their display, gee thanks for the sample wipe, lol! As well, when I asked where I could buy the coloured wipes containers (aqua, purple, and peach) she didn't know.

Natalie

Neatfreak
03-18-2006, 07:27 PM
I just tried a package of Huggies wipes, and I do prefer the Pampers ones, but a purple container might convince me to buy them again. I'll keep my eyes peeled ...

EllasMum
03-19-2006, 12:36 AM
I missed the colorful containers! Must have been too focused on grilling her about the Overnites! ;)

Regarding Huggies wipes - I love them! I tried a few other brands and kept coming back to them. I like the big size and texture. They seem stronger than the Pampers ones. I just finished off a pack of the Penaten wipes and they were next to useless. I would NOT recommend them. Smelly, too. Also the Wal-mart Equate brand ones were terrible -smelly and gave DD a red bum. :( We're going to stick to Huggies. And I didn't even get a free wipe!

EllasMum
03-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Got some more information - but first of all, I saw the lavendar colored wipes containers in Wal-mart! They didn't have the other colors but the lavendar was nice. :)

I had posted the message about the Overnites being discontinued in Baby Butts and someone there wrote to Huggies Customer Service to inquire/complain, and was told that the product was NOT discontinued. I wrote to them myself, and was told this:

"HUGGIES Overnites diapers are available for all Canadian retailers to purchase and sell to consumers. However, because shelf space is limited, retailers have made a choice not to carry this product in their stores. We apologize for any disappointment."

Sigh. I am still going to ask at my Wal-mart to see if they will order them. This is so frustrating! It's almost enough to make me switch back to Pampers. Almost. ;)

NewfieNat
03-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Aww that's too bad :-( The US gets everything we don't! We are planning on going there in May, perhaps I will stock up (and on Gerber Graduates too!)

Natalie

NewfieNat
04-28-2006, 12:24 PM
The Pull-Ups Overnights are at Shopper's Drug Mart now. We have used them for 2 nights now with no problems.

Has anyone seen the coconut-mango wipes? I cannot find them anywhere!

Natalie

EllasMum
04-28-2006, 06:31 PM
I haven't seen the wipes, but we got a free sample of the coconut-mango bodywash and I thought it was kinda nasty... Ella smelled like a mango for about 3 days after that bath! Although I guess if you like mango... :)

Thanks for the heads-up about the Pull-ups - I'll check it out!