PDA

View Full Version : FP Hedgehog - anyone seen one around??

EllasMum
04-04-2006, 12:04 AM
OK I read a post somewhere (Around the house?) about the Fisher Price Touch and Cuddle Hedgehog and now I have to have one! Ahem. I mean DD has to have one! ;) I have checked Wal-mart and Toys R Us - has anyone seen one of these anywhere? I found a couple on eBay but they won't ship to Canada (shafted again!).

ETA: Just checked ebay.ca (duh, don't know why I didn't look there in the first place) and there is one... hmm... but I'd still be curious to hear if anyone has seen one in stores in Canada.

TIA,
Susan

NewfieNat
04-04-2006, 09:27 AM
I know you said you've checked Toys R Us, but I've seen one sitting on the shelf for weeks now at the Market Mall location. Mabye someone bought it, or else it was hiding on you?

Natalie

EllasMum
04-04-2006, 12:21 PM
REALLY?? Whereabouts in the store? I thought I went over the racks of Fisher-Price stuff with a fine-toothed comb... Was it in with the baby/toddler stuff or somewhere else? I found that learn and play dog (or whatever it was called!) and figured the Hedgehog would be in with that stuff but didn't see it. Darnitall, I was even at Market Mall yesterday!!

TIA,
Susan

NewfieNat
04-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Yes, it was with the rest of the FP baby/toddler toys, and if you're standing facing the back of the store (towards the baby section) it would have been on the shelf facing you, around the centre of the middle shelf, if that makes any sense at all, lol. I hope you find it. I would have bought it if I had known we were expecting #2. I was there yesterday as well, but not in that area. The last time I saw it was maybe 5-6 days ago, but like I mentioned, it's been there for at least 2 months.

Natalie

EllasMum
04-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Thanks, Natalie - I'll look for it!!

Did you just find out you're expecting? Congratulations!! :) When are you due?

NewfieNat
04-04-2006, 10:51 PM
Dec 9th if all goes well :-) Or if he/she follows Ryan's lead, then around Halloween.

Anyway, if you don't mind paying shipping, I found it online for you

http://www.toysrus.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TRUSearchResultView?ds=0&catalogId=10052&Nty=1&productId=12391&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&fs=1&Ntt=hedgehog&N=24&langId=-1&storeId=10051&Ntk=eng

Natalie

EllasMum
04-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Thanks, Natalie. I didn't get around to TRU today to look for it but am sort of tracking one on eBay! It's good to know there are some available online too. Sheesh - I did a search on toysrus.ca for 'hedgehog' and that did not come up - just a whole lotta Sonic videogames! :)

Wow I'm really happy for you! I hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy! :)

AddiesMom
04-05-2006, 06:54 AM
I live in Massachusetts and had a heck of a time finding it before Christmas. I heard Baby Depot at the Burlington Coat Factory had them, so I put 1 mo old in the car and headed there. There was a woman cleaning up the toy shelf (it looked like a tornado hit it) and said they were sold out for 2 weeks and people kept calling for them. She said the computer showed 1 in stock, but they thought it was shoplifted since nobody could find it.

I walked right over to the shelf, pushed a toy aside and TA-DAH! HEDGEHOG! I took one look at her and said "well, you had one more in stock but not anymore!" :)

I don't know if they ship to Canada, but here is the link
http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Section_Id=35786&pcount=&pn=1&Product_Id=432216&sku1=k_s1_74563010&is_baby_depot=1

EllasMum
04-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Thanks, Michelle. I have a couple of possible places now - although the one I tried today (Market Mall TRU - see previous post!) didn't work out. Somebody got to it before me. :( I am working on another possible solution, but will keep the Burlington Coat Factory one in mind if all else fails on the local front!

Thanks again,
Susan