PDA

View Full Version : Graco CarGo Platinum (EPS version) at Canadian Tire

darby24
04-21-2006, 12:33 AM
Probably old news but thought to post anyway. First time I've seen the EPS/Graco-pedic version outside of Sears.

Hopefully this means it will now go on sale occasionally.

torontomom
04-21-2006, 07:46 AM
deleted...

darby24
04-21-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm pretty sure it was $179 (I think). Though Sears has it online at $169 now.

I was between this seat and the Evenflo Generations for my nephew (3.5 at the time, 39lbs and 42") when I had to buy a new seat for my car. I found he had more room in the Generations, found the harness adjuster easier, the belt guides for a booster later on easier and it was on sale at TRU at the time for $120.

I had a hard time deciding, I thought I really wanted the EPS foam but when everything else came into line I picked the Evenflo and have been happy.

So the rule is to try out your kid, try it out in your car and really play with it.

Remember to post on the carseat forum, there is always a Canadian around to help answer :-)

bubbaray
04-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Just tagging on here. The CGP was one of the seats on my list back in January/February when I got DD a combination seat (harnessed FFg & then BPB booster) for use at DC.

My DD has a long torso, so my key thing for me was to get the seat with the highest top slots for the harness, so that I can keep her harnessed as long as possible. I ended up with the Evenflo Vision seat, which is pretty much same as the Chase. The CGP had lower top slots (if I remember correctly, about 1" lower) and I ruled that out right away for that reason. The only place I saw it was at Sears.

The Generations had an adjustable headrest that I wasn't too comfortable having our DCP fiddle with. I also found the harness adjuster on the Vision/Chase easier to deal with than the dial on the Generations -- but that is a very individual thing, some people really dislike the adjuster on the Vision/Chase.

In terms of the harness adjuster alone (and taking out my issue of the top harness slot, because that may not be an issue for you if your child is more "leggy"), I liked the adjuster on the CGP better than either the Vision/Chase or Generations. It is more like what you find on a convertible seat.

I think the Vision/Chase seat is great value for the money, especially for a 2nd seat or one for DC or the GPs to use. It is also very easy to install and lightweight. My DCP loves using it.

We will be in the market for another seat for DD in the very near future as she is nearly out of her (piece of junk) Graco ComfortSport in DH's car. We have considered getting a Vision/Chase for his car, but the Generations is still in the running too.

Also, I called Cosco back in February and apparently they were trying to get the Apex through the Cdn testing. I was kinda hoping that would be an option if DD's growth holds off or she grows more in the legs & not the torso!

Not sure if this helped any.

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]