PDA

View Full Version : Formal wear?

psophia17
05-15-2006, 04:09 PM
x-posted in Maternity Wear

I'll be 8 mos pg this August, and just got an invite for a wedding, and it's formal.

What do I wear, and where do I get it?

Piglet
05-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Are there any consignment maternity stores around you? I find they usually have loads of used formal-ish maternity dresses because people only buy them for 1 use. I had a bit of luck at Thyme as well (but this was 5 years ago). I bought a sleeveless black dress and wore a shawl/wrap over it. It did the trick. By that time, people were just happy that I was dressed in something other than shorts or sweatpants, LOL.

bubbaray
05-15-2006, 11:22 PM
Good luck finding anything in Vancouver. Seriously. I would try to mailorder something from the US.

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

torontomom
05-16-2006, 07:04 AM
deleted...

Laundraholic
05-16-2006, 04:39 PM
how formal does formal have to be?

I just saw on www.milkface.com that the Blissful Babes black wrap dress is on sale for $49 Cdn. It's supposed to be a nursing dress but the description says it can be worn while pregnant...

psophia17
05-21-2006, 11:50 PM
Thanks everyone for the ideas :)

I have had two BBBers offer me dresses they have, and all it's riding on is whether the dresses fit or not on the big day.

DH spoke to the groom, and said that I was having trouble finding a formal maternity dress. The groom said I was to wear whatever I wanted, up to and including sweats, if that's what made me happy. Phew!