PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna need a lightweight stroller...

EllasMum
05-27-2006, 11:52 PM
DD and I are going to be taking a trip to Vancouver with my parents this summer, and although they have a car with a big trunk (Honda Accord), my most compact stroller is still quite large. I'm looking at a Zooper Salsa on eBay and I think it looks about right and the price is good as it is an older model. I'm just wondering if there are any deals around (Canadian ones, if possible) on a Maclaren Volo? I like the sound of the Volos but don't know if I can justify the extra expense. Anyone seen any Canadian deals??

TIA,
Susan

psophia17
05-28-2006, 11:44 AM
Just wanted to throw in a plug for Zooper - I love ours, even though the one wheel has a rock in the bearing and it no longer turns, and I'm too lazy to go have it fixed...it's good for the upper body strength...I did see a deal on a Volo the other day, but it was at a local consignment shop, and I don't remember which one, so that won't do you much good.

Check out http://www.tjskids.com in the bargains section to see if they have any deals - they are local to Vancouver and are pretty great for that kind of thing.

When will you be here, and do you have any planned spots to visit? I love this area - it's wonderful for kids, and parents, too :)

EllasMum
05-28-2006, 12:53 PM
I decided to go for the Zooper! Thanks. I got the blue one - it is the 2005 model (main difference is that this model doesn't recline but DD won't sleep in the stroller these days anyway) and was a great deal on eBay. Yay! Now I can't wait to get it! Hope the shipping is speedy!

I have been to tj's kids - my sister and her family live out there so we shopped there when she was pregnant with her first.

As for my trip, not too sure where we'll be visiting - my sister and her clan love Como Lake Park (I think that's the name!) and basically any park where my DN can run and oh yes, throw rocks in the water (his greatest thrill in life!). I would like to go to Granville Island and prowl around... Not too sure what else! We'll only be there from a Friday - Monday, so I'm not too sure how much we'll be able to pack in. I also LOVE Queen Elizabeth Park - GORGEOUS! One of my favourite spots - anywhere!

psophia17
05-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Cool :)

If you have time, try and make it out to Steveston, in Richmond. There is a boardwalk and tons of on-the-water restaurants with great seafood (my fave is Shady Island), and the fish and chips from PaJo's is amazing, too, plus they are actually a floating restaurant (very casual). The walk from the boardwalk to Garry Point park is short, but not too short, and there are many beaches with plenty of rocks to pitch into the water...unless DS and I head there too often, in which case he'd have thrown all the rocks into the water already :P

Also in Richmond, the Richmond Night Market is going on. It's an experience, that's for sure, and a fun one. It's meant to be like the open air markets in China (I'd guess?), and the food - it's cheap and delicious. A gf and I went last summer, and the two of us spent less than $11 on food, and we were both stuffed. If you don't like Chinese food it might not do it for you, but I do, and it's awesome. http://www.richmondnightmarket.com/

I love Granville Island...but DH hates crowds, so we very rarely go :(

ETC numerous typos - I got a little excited...

EllasMum
05-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Yes I've been to Steveston before - even took a tour of the cannery! I love the boardwalk area - I seem to recall having fish and chips there. Yum! Really nice area. The Richmond market sounds great too - unfortunately my sister lives WAY out in Burnaby and has two small DC of her own - unless we left the kids with her DH and my parents... Heehee! Might have to try and swing it!! Both my sister and I LOVE chinese food - although my sister says that the chinese food you get in Vancouver is different than the types of dishes you get in Calgary. She misses the specialty around here - ginger beef. Mmm making me drool just thinking about it! Might have to hit that Market for sure! :)