PDA

View Full Version : Britax Companion in Canada - X-posted in Car Seats

tg_canada
06-23-2006, 01:02 PM
I know this seat has been released in Canada, but I am having a really tough time finding one. Britax has no idea which Canadian stores they have shipped it to, as they do not track that information apparently. And Britax's web site doesn't specify which online retailers are in Canada vs the U.S., thus it's time consuming to look at every web site to find out where it is located.

Has anyone actually seen a Companion in a store in Canada? If you have the store name, city and any other info (phone # or web site), it would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to find one with a black base preferably.

hipmaman
06-24-2006, 09:49 PM
I just got the name of the store owner who supposedly had brought the Companion to one of our training sessions (I was not there) to show the techs of this new Britax seat.

I'll call her tomorrow and let you know the scoop.

hipmaman
06-25-2006, 02:29 PM
I called the lady and she said testing has delayed availability in Canada until next year. The one she showed the techs were a demo and at the time, they were told this summer for expected arrival date.

Sorry, I was the one told everyone that it was available. But that is not the case.

tg_canada
06-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Thank you for the information! I guess I'll stop stressing out searching for it!

So this leads me to my next question, is the only seat available in Canada with side impact protection the crazy priced Primo Viaggio SIP?

Guess I should be considering the Graco SafeSeat next?

hipmaman
06-26-2006, 08:00 PM
When I talked to the store, they had said the Companion has the same price point as the Peg PV SIP. You should look at the SafeSeat as well. It's a nice seat, slightly less expensive and can be used for much longer than other infant seats.