PDA

View Full Version : Charging me PST to ship to Alberta???

NewfieNat
08-16-2006, 09:59 AM
Not sure where to post this, Bitching post, CyberBaby, etc, but thought it was more Canadian than anything else.

I ordered a diaper bag last Friday from Baby on Board. It was on sale. Here is their shipping policy.

"We will email you in return with the shipping cost and the total of your order. All orders will receive an email confirmation with 24 hours. You can then decide whether you would like to purchase the item(s) by emailing us back. Once we receive your email confirmation we will ship the order to you through UPS immediately!
Our pricing product and shipping prices are very competitive."

Guess what? I never got a shipping quote, they just charged me $18.XX for shipping. I NEVER would have paid that much. They also charged me almost $5 PST along with the same amount GST. I was sure that anything bought in or shipping to Alberta was not charged PST. Please help! I wam going to email them but have to run to work now. Thanks, as you can tell I am really upset about this!

Natalie

Neatfreak
08-16-2006, 10:30 AM
I imagine that it was just an accident, because you're right - you shouldn't be charged PST on your purchase. Hopefully a polite email reminding the company about that will remedy the situation.

I'm more curious as to why you didn't get a shipping quote with a note asking if you'd like to go ahead with the order!

bubbaray
08-23-2006, 11:49 AM
http://www.rev.gov.bc.ca/ctb/publications/brochures/bcsales.htm

"ARE VISITORS ELIGIBLE FOR ANY SPECIAL EXEMPTIONS?

Non-residents who purchase items in British Columbia are allowed an exemption from tax and environmental levies only if the seller ships or delivers the items to a location outside British Columbia."

I've been to that store. Its pretty small and relatively new (~6m or so, at least in that location). Seems like a mom&pop operation. I'd call the owner and have a little "chat" with him. I'd be he has no clue about not charging tax out of province.

Good luck

Melissa

http://b3.lilypie.com/rppJm7/.png[/img][/url]

http://bd.lilypie.com/fYrCm7.png

NewfieNat
02-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Just thought I'd let everyone know :-)

I really want to get a strollometer and they are one of the few retailers in Canada. However, I didn't want to deal with shipping craziness and PST again so I resent my email asking why I never received a response. Within a few hours I got a reply saying this was the first they heard from me and they would look into it. Sure enough, this morning they let me know that they would refund the PST (not that that was the point) AND most importantly, fix their online system. YEAH! BTW, they have now have set shipping rates as well, so all is good.

On a side note, after emailing Baby on Board I was on a roll and contacted Baby Jogger's Canadian distributor about my handlebar not staying locked, Babylicious about my change pad cover coming apart, and Cranium about DS's game not working. I must say that all have GREAT customer service!

Natalie