PDA

View Full Version : re: anyone know where to get a spare cover for a Marathon?

Neatfreak
09-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Without ordering from the US? I'm kind of stumped on this one. I called a few retailers that I know sell Britax seats when I was back in Alberta last month, but none of them carry replacement covers. I've thought of eBay, but noticed that there isn't a real cost-savings to be had by going the second-hand route.

If I have to order from the US, does anyone have a place they recommend? Direct from Britax, maybe?

Thanks!
~ Laura

Laundraholic
09-21-2006, 08:27 PM
I had asked a couple of Canadian Britax retailers and one mentioned that they weren't ALLOWED to carry the covers separately and suggested I order off the Britax website.
The problem with the website is that right now it isn't selling the covers I want... just the same boring ones that are available here anyways. I am soooo in love with the new "Brooke" and "Erin" Marathon covers. Even more so about the Marathon couture collection *drooling*

I cross-border shop in NY state all the time, and the Babies R Us there used to carry the Britax covers separately (when I wasn't looking for them). But my last couple of trips there, there haven't been any.

So I'm interested in any websites, also =)

Neatfreak
09-22-2006, 06:19 AM
Hee! I love those covers, too! I'd buy "Erin" in a heartbeat. I think that those aren't available separately yet in the US, either - at least some of the folks on the carseat board have been unsuccessful finding them.

Maybe I'll call my SIL in Maryland ...

Laundraholic
09-22-2006, 08:59 AM
OR if anyone has seen any of the actual seat for sale in Canada with the "girly" covers (besides Ashley)... I'd really love that info too.

I'm going to have to get a convertible in the next few months for my DD... I was planning to get a Roundabout for her and keep DS in the Marathon, but I'd spring for a MA for her if it came in one of the new fabrics....

bubbaray
09-22-2006, 10:25 AM
TJs has the Ashley pattern, or they did in August.

http://www.tjskids.com/cart.asp?whichpage=1&mode=price&search=null&maincat=63&category=58&brand=0&expand=categories&pagesize=&item=1499

Melissa

http://b3.lilypie.com/rppJm7/.png[/img][/url]

http://bd.lilypie.com/SasRm7.png

jujucb
09-24-2006, 05:19 AM
Direct from Britax is usually the way to go for covers. They don't always list everything online though. So it's better to call them to place an order. That and the last time I ordered something, they didn't have a Canadian address option, so it made me nervous to try to force it in there.

Babyuniverse.com is pretty good. They even have some covers on sale this week. I think you even get the belly pad and comfort pads thrown in with the deal. You'd get charged for them at Britax.

Neatfreak
09-26-2006, 08:08 PM
I checked the Babyuniverse site, and the covers are still listed at their sale price ($42), even thought it was two days after the stated expiration rate. They *do* ship to Canada, for a flat rate of $16.95 (fair, I thought), and they even handle the duty. So, it sounded pretty good - until the duty charge was computed to be $17! My grand total would have been $75 - a bit more than I hoped to spend!

Oh dear. I think I'm going to ask my SIL to send me one with the gift option checked on the customs form :(