PDA

View Full Version : XPost - Stonz?

EllasMum
10-06-2006, 09:46 PM
XPost with Reality Layette.

This is a Canadian product so I thought I would post this here too. Has anyone tried these? They are sort of like fabric boots to slip on over DC's shoes or even socks. They claim to be water resistant, fleece lined and have draw-strings at the ankle and top. I saw some today in a specialty baby store (for Calgary moms, it was Bo Bebe in Market Mall) and they looked really nice! Nice colors and designs and the idea of them really appeals to me. I slipped them on over DD's Robeez and it was terrific - still roomy, and seemed nice and warm. Kind of like a polar fleece liner. I was just curious if anyone has any experience with these? I'm very tempted - DD has very small feet and I am having trouble finding boots to fit her, but these would be ideal.

TIA,
Susan

Neatfreak
10-09-2006, 12:05 PM
MEC sells the same sort of bootie (except they're more affordable), and that's what I had for DD year winter. They worked well - they kept her toes warm and quite dry, too, until we moved to St. John's and the melting snow created huge puddles! They will not hold up against water, but I guess they're not supposed to, either.

EllasMum
10-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Wow - thanks! I just took a look at the MEC website for the booties and they are about 1/3 the price of Stonz! The only thing I couldn't tell from the site is if the booties are machine washable. Did you ever wash your DD's?

Neatfreak
10-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Many times! I usually put them in the dryer, too (and learned that they dry faster inside out).

EllasMum
10-09-2006, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the info, Laura! How did you find the sizing worked? They come in S, M, L and XL. DD has VERY small feet - at 14 months she is still just barely in a size 3 and has just started walking in the last week or so (really just cruising around furniture). They don't seem to have any sizing info on their site. I am thinking of going with an M but am not too sure. There is an MEC here in town but I hate hate HATE going downtown so may just fork over the shipping (not too bad - $6.50). Any sizing tips would be HUGELY appreciated!

Neatfreak
10-10-2006, 05:56 AM
I think that my daughter was in a size 4 or so last winter, and I went with a medium. They slipped over her feet with Robeez on underneath a lot better than the small size did. They looked huge, but I didn't see them impeding her walking as they were so light and flexible.

I know what you mean about hating going to MEC. Luckily, my husband normally works in downtown Calgary so I'd just send him there over his lunch hour LOL!

MEC's shipping is good in that I think you can order up to $50 of stuff for the $6.50 shipping. I got us a bunch of stuff earlier this year as St. John's (where we're temporarily living) is not known for it's shopping (though there are some cool specialty stores here).

EllasMum
10-10-2006, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the sizing info. I think I will go with the mediums just to make sure they fit over her Robeez (the footwear of choice around here!).

Yes, Calgary is a great city but driving downtown sucks. :) I'm happy to fork over the $6.50 for shipping - even with that extra cost it is still about half of the price of the Stonz. Works for me!

Yay! I'm so glad you told me about these - I am excited to get them! Thanks again!

Susan

pampamz
10-11-2006, 09:01 AM
This looks like just what we need too for 15mo DD -- couple questions:
-- Do you really have to sign up for the $5.00 share purchase? I doubt that I will buy anything else from them...
-- What colour did you go with?
TIA!

Neatfreak
10-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Yes, you have to pay the membership fee. It's part of the being a co-op :)

My daughter's pair were blue - they have two blues on the site now, and I'm not 100% sure which one it was, but I'm thinking that it was Blue #2 as we picked blue to match her royal blue MEC Toaster Suit. The Hyperloft booties weren't quite royal blue - they have a purple undertone (which I kind of liked).