PDA

View Full Version : NewfieNat - care to update us?

EllasMum
10-31-2006, 11:44 PM
Hi Natalie - just wondering how baby #2 is coming along! Hope all is well! When is DC2 joining us??

Susan

NewfieNat
11-01-2006, 12:46 PM
You just made me day :-) I didn't think anyone knew or cared because I am such a lurker.

Anyway, I am thrilled to announce that I am officially more pregnant than I've ever been. DS was born at exactly 34 weeks and I am now just past 35 weeks. Sure, it's getting uncomfortable but MUCH better than the alternative which is leaving my baby in the hospital for a month. My doctor's goal has always been for me to make it to 36 weeks, with extra time being a bonus - that's 6 more days *fingers crossed*.

It's exciting to think that I may actually be able to room-in with my baby, use his/her own clothes, be there for the first bath, etc.

We are almost ready, just a few more things to buy. I love that so much is available in Canada as compared to 2.5 years ago. I can actually drive 5 minutes and buy pedoodles, myself belts, baby legs, etc! The carseat base is even in the car. Can you believe I fit a PP PV and a Marathon side by side in an Accent? Tight squeeze but I think it's a good install.

Fiaally, we are looking for something to do as a family (on a budget) to celebrate hiting 36 weeks. Any ideas in the Calgary area?

Thanks for asking!
Natalie

Piglet
11-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Hi Nataile,

CONGRATS - what a great milestone!

We should try to get a Calgary BBB moms get-together going.

What kind of family things are you thinking of? I wouldn't recommend the Kids Museum (at the Science Centre). I got so dizzy from all the noise and craziness. It will surely get your labuor going! Avoid it for a few more weeks.

EllasMum
11-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Great to hear! 35 weeks - hang in there a few more, little one! Your mommy wants to meet you but not quite yet! Congratulations!

Hmm. Family things on a budget... it's tougher in the winter, isn't it?? Heritage Park, if the weather warms up a bit? Might be a bit too much walking though! There is a really fun place that is mostly for kids - Coffee and Scream. It is an indoor playground/playcentre aimed mainly at 18 months - 3 or 4 years, and it has a cafe area where parents can sit and enjoy a snack and a cup of coffee. It is quite a fun place, actually! Let me know if you want more details!

Susan

NewfieNat
11-17-2006, 10:59 PM
Claire Beatrice - 6 lbs 2 oz, 18 inches. We made it to 37 weeks which meant she got to come home with me! I can't even describe how lucky we feel to have that experience. Life is just perfect :-)

Natalie

EllasMum
11-17-2006, 11:36 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Welcome baby Claire! Love the name - it's as pretty as I'm sure she is. Hope you're both doing well!

I think this news deserves a welcome in the Lounge... :)

Piglet
11-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Congratulations!!! I am so glad she stayed put until just the right time. I hope you are all doing well and getting used to eachother :)