PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a stroller? $$$$$?

pampamz
11-14-2006, 10:15 AM
Have any of you CDN moms ever shipped a stroller within Canada or to the US? I am looking to sell my Zooper (approx 20lbs) but have no clue what the shipping will be.

...I know, I know, I could measure it and go to the post office to find out but thought I would check here first for any BTDT!

THanks!

Neatfreak
11-14-2006, 10:35 AM
Are you tied to shipping it via Canada Post? I know that shipping via Greyhound is a lot more affordable, at least with Christmas packages. I think that they serve everywhere in Canada, except for Newfoundland. To the US, DHL would be another option.

I haven't had to pay out of my pocket for stroller shipping yet, so I don't have any specific advice.

hipmaman
11-14-2006, 10:19 PM
Oooh, and those Zoopers are killers on weight too. I have used both Grey Hound and Canada Post within Canada and Canada Post for the US.

bubbaray
11-15-2006, 12:05 AM
When I was shipping an Emma (ie., HUGE pram) last year, the issue wasn't so much the weight as the dimensions of the box. So, try to get as small a box as possible that will be safe to ship in. I like bubble wrap around the handles/frame. Its lightweight and easy to find.

I honestly can't remember what company I ended up shipping via (BC to ON), but I did it at a Mailboxes Etc. It was cheaper than driving all the way to the airport and doing it myself through any of the courier or shipping co's.

After that experience, I only sell strollers locally. Its just a huge PITA to ship here.

Good luck!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

http://bd.lilypie.com/SasRm7.png

Piglet
11-15-2006, 11:17 AM
What about Bargain Finder or Craig's List locally? The prices are lower than other venues but you won't kill yourself with shipping.

pampamz
11-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Hhmm, I think I will reconsider shipping and try to sell locally...
Thanks all!