PDA

View Full Version : DD also loves pet stores!

EllasMum
01-08-2007, 01:16 AM
See my previous thread about DD loving Canadian Tire. I have now also discovered that she loves - LOVES - pet stores! I took her into PetSmart a few weeks back and it was like heaven for her - dogs, cats, fish, hamsters, birds... EVERYWHERE! I had to basically bribe her (yes, I am not above bribing - Rice Krispie squares are involved) to get her out of the store. We've since been back a couple of times and it is hilarious to watch her - first we hang out with the birds for a while. Then she spies the fish. Then it's the cats... I tell ya, she'd be quite happy to spend allllll day there! I have since recommended it to my parents as a potential outing while they are babysitting DD while I go to work. Instant happy baby - just walk in the door of the joint and she is in her glory! I can't believe I didn't discover this until now!!! Pet stores are my friend. :)

Susan

PS Yes, I am trying to turn DD into a shopaholic. ;)

Piglet
01-08-2007, 12:28 PM
I hear you! We used to go to the fish store with DS1, right after he saw Finding Nemo. It was just about as exciting as Sea World to him! Best of all, there use to be a great fish store next door to the Winners on Heritage, so Dh would take the kids to the fish store while I got some much needed Winners time. The fish store closed late last year though :( We hang out at pet stores too.

EllasMum
01-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Hi Marina!

You've got to go to the Beacon Hill area - PetSmart AND Winners - about 2 doors down from each other! (BTW Beacon Hill is in the NW where the new Costco is, in case you're not familiar with the name!) We checked out the Winners the other day too - they had a pair of Stride Rite shoes/boots in size 7 (DD is currently about a 4.5 or 5) for $23 which I stupidly passed on. Duh. What was I thinking?! Sigh. I guess I have an excuse to keep going there to see if more will come in. :)