PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Quinny Zapp stroller in Toronto?

BabyBoo
03-24-2007, 01:29 AM
Hi, I want to buy a Quinny Zapp stroller if we go to Toronto this summer or if my sister can buy and bring one over for me instead. She has no clue about baby stuff. So can anyone here tell where I can find one and for the best price.

TIA.

bubbaray
03-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Sears Canada and TJs the Kiddies Store both used to sell them. I just checked their websites and they aren't listed on either, so I'm wondering if they are just waiting for the '07s to arrive? TJs is a BC retailer, but they also ship across Canada and to the US. TJs will price match. Sears has them on sale a few times a year.

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

torontomom
03-24-2007, 06:58 PM
deleted...

BabyBoo
03-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Thank you so much. I think Sears will be easier for her to check out. I want it in Forest (green).

edited to correct colour

torontomom
03-28-2007, 06:20 PM
deleted...

BabyBoo
03-29-2007, 12:11 AM
Great! Thanks I will tell my sister to go this weekend. She better go quick. Thanks for the heads up. Really, I don't need another stroller either....So she better go quick before I change my mind. The real reason I want this is because it is light, though a little heavier than the Volo, to keep in the car. It folds up more compact than the Volo and comes with a travel bag. So this would be great for my toddler when we travel as we can carry it on the plane. I think the Volo may be more easily damaged since we would have to gate check it. That's my reasoning...though I could be completely wrong. But I'm sticking to it. BTW, it isn't a one hand fold which may be a little inconvenient.

Edited to say, it also doesn't have a basket. Since I also realized upon closer inspection that forest is actually a khaki green and not brown, I may go for Lime or Orange :)

BabyBoo
03-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Hi again,

My sister helped me buy the stroller today at Sears. They only had it in Lime or Red. So, I decided to be adventurous and bought it in Lime. My sister said it looks great.

Thank you so much for telling me about the $50 off. Otherwise, I think my sister would be dragging her foot until who knows when.

torontomom
03-29-2007, 08:08 PM
deleted...

BabyBoo
03-30-2007, 12:41 AM
Thank you. I don't really know how well it would work for a bigger kid but my DD is 3 and only 28 lbs and 39 inches tall. I've read the reviews on the stroller board and think I can live with no basket, etc. The reviews do say that it is wide and some of the owners DC are quite big and they fit fine and comfy in the Zapp.

Go take a peek on the stroller board. I think it will help you decide--especially if you can't decide. That said, I think you should go buy it and return it if you decide it isn't right for you. Just don't lose the receipt :)

NewfieNat
03-30-2007, 08:50 AM
Ohh lucky you! I was looking at the lime yesterday. I bought the red one year ago before the lime was available.

A tip on the no-basket thing - I use a Skip Hop attatched to the stroller and it works very well in place of a basket. I can even use the front pockets as a drink holder. Just don't overload it and take the child out or it'll tip!

Natalie

BabyBoo
03-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Thank you :) That's great. I already have a skip hop (in red corduroy)! I'm sure it'll look great with the lime....