PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy shoes?

gigoteuse
07-15-2007, 08:52 AM
My daughter is 2 year-old and needs new shoes. I have bought shoes for her over the internet previously, so I'm willing to to it again, but I would prefer to go to the store with her so she can try them on. I love Winners, but they don't always have what I need when I need it... I have also been to Browns, but I wouldn't mind finding something cheaper.
I'm in the Toronto area.
Has any one tried Zappos Canada?

Thanks

NewfieNat
07-15-2007, 02:12 PM
I really like Soft Moc. They have an online store and many locations as well, I can't find the list but some are sure to be around Toronto.

They send me a 20% off coupon after each order and when I combine this with sale prices it's a great deal. Fast shipping too.

The only downside is that their Stride Rite selection is dwindling...I hope they get new stock soon!

Natalie

Piglet
07-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Browns has some great sales on right now. Go to a mall and see what they have in your location. Ours had lots of really nice kids shoes! I think they even had a buy one get the 2nd 25% off promotion on sale merchandise.

Honestly, though, I started buying cheaper shoes for DS2 when he got to be 2. He has hard to fit feet (very chubby), but he is also very picky about his shoes. I finally had to resort to buying fun shoes or just whatever fit for him. Currently he wears Kangaroos (from Shoe Warehouse or Sears), a pair of really cool Vans (gift from BIL) and a pair of sandals from Baby Gap. His next shoes are already waiting for him, from Winners. As you can see, I buy shoes just about anywhere. I do still prefer the European styling and sizing that I can get at Browns (or Soft Moc), but I am not as picky as I was when DS2 was younger.

gigoteuse
07-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the tip about Browns!
I went today and got her two pairs of Mary Jane (one for now and one for the fall) for $43! The store I went to didn't have a great selection but I going to visit my family next week and they have a store with a great children's selection there. Hopefully, they still have good ones in my daughter's size, I would like to get her something more like a sport shoe/running shoe and they didn't have much left for toddler girls.
I also went to Panda and they barely had anything on sale and what was on sale was only 25% off.
Thanks again