PDA

View Full Version : Anybody read "Canadian Family" magazine??

EllasMum
09-09-2007, 11:29 PM
I had never read it until I picked up a copy in my local hair salon. The copy I read was a few months old but didn't strike me as that great. Anybody have any experience with this magazine? I currently have a subscription to Today's Parent but am not really loving it lately. I'm looking for a new parenting/family type of magazine. Just curious what folks out there are reading (Canadian or otherwise).

TIA,
Susan

bubbaray
09-10-2007, 02:43 PM
I subscribe to both. I actually *like* Todays Parent, especially their website. I don't particularly like Canadian Family and doubt I will renew.

I also subscribe to Chatelaine, Canadian Living, Runners World. DH gets Bicycling and Mens Health. I usually pick up Womens World and O magazine, occasionally Womens Day and Family Circle. I used to read a LOT more magazines.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

chinook
09-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Hi,

I recently subscribed to Canadian Family and so far I think it's allright, I do think I prefer Today's Parent though, so I might subscribe to that as well.

One thing I've noticed about Canadian Family is that when they review something (baby bathtubs, whatever) they tend to review REALLY high end stuff (for example, their fave baby bath was $60!)

HTH.

pamela mom of 3
09-11-2007, 11:29 AM
I've picked it up a few times, it's ok.. i guess i find it somewhat lacking, but after todays parent their isn't much out there for family mags.

~Pamela mom to the trio of trouble }(

EllasMum
09-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Thanks for all the replies/suggestions. Might just give Today's Parent another chance. I'm just feeling the need for some new reading material, KWIM?

Happy reading, all!

Susan