PDA

View Full Version : Dyson US purchases covered by Dyson Canada warranty

bubbaray
11-26-2007, 09:53 PM
FYI, I called Dyson Canada this morning to ask about warranty coverage and they said as long as the model (not necessarily the package) was sold in Canada, the warranty will be honored here for US purchases.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=82&topic_id=54983&mode=full&page=

I ordered the DC14 kit in the above thread from Amazon.com for $299US. Not sure if I'll get the $12US off for not wanting the magazine subscription (my billing addy is Canadian, my shipping addy is US, not sure if the publishers will check that or not) I'll find out in 2 weeks. The cheapest I've found is Costco, $569Cdn in my local warehouse. So, almost 50% off with this deal.

I won't have to pay duty as when I pick it up, we'll be out of Canada for longer than 48hrs too, so the exemption is $400Cdn per person. Sweet! :)

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

NewfieNat
11-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Not as cheap as price above, but still ok for those further from the border :-)

When LNT has their Friends and Family event the coupon for 25% does NOT exclude Dyson. I actually thought it was a misprint but they confirmed it worked. We got the base model but love it anyway!