PDA

View Full Version : Pottery Barn Kids

emmiem
09-13-2001, 10:25 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that while the merchandise from Pottery Barn Kids is wonderful, the customer service is deplorable! Nothing I ordered was shipped on time, backorders leading into December is not uncommon. The invoices sent with your merchandise indicating amount charged does not correspond with the actual charges and shipping rates. I finally straightened out an order that I placed in April. This included changing my order due to backorder or unauthorized cancellations by the company, 7 phone calls often totally more and one half hour in length, and transfers to supervisors. Buyers beware! Buy the items at the store!

jeffp
10-24-2001, 07:50 AM
Thanks for your input on PBKids. Unfortunately, since there is no store near where my wife and I live, we are forced to use the internet site. Luckily, I have had no problems lately, but thanks for the warning.

I also purchased some PB stuff at Ebay...I guess some people had the same problems that you did, and didn't want to deal with the hassle. It was worth it -- I saved hundreds, they got rid of useless stuff, and I got genuine PBKids stuff. You might consider it and avoid the PB hassle altogether.

Thanks again!

katie020500
11-18-2001, 06:16 PM
i've had great luck with pottery barn catalog orders and also
just found that genuine new pottery barn kids (and regular pottery barn) items are available in aboundance thru e-bay.

lar_is_a
03-23-2002, 11:34 AM
I bought a rug there for my daughters room-- a chenille braid rug- and it fell apart. I called to return it (for a replacement) and I really don't think the person I spoke to had worked there very long. After several calls, he arranged the pick up and it was taken back. I waited about a month and hadn't gotten a replacement, so had to call and learned that it had never been ordered. After we straightened it out (this person seemed much more knowledgeable) I did get the rug a.s.a.p. I say if you have problems-- Keep calling!