PDA

View Full Version : Uggggh on Perego delivery times!

betsyjaffe
09-29-2001, 01:15 PM
How early in pregnancy did I have to plan on ordering my Primo Viaggio Winter Travel System from Peg Perego?

I dutifully purchased my Baby Bargains Book within a day of getting the news confirmed from my doctor. I read and researched for two weeks, then set out to find models to demo in stores. Not being able to find the exact model, I e-mailed Peg Perego through their website for their catalog. They promptly sent me last year's catalog rather than the one with this item in it. I finally found a catalog in my warehouse club and decided that this would be the stroller for me. I ordered the stroller the first day of my second trimester from a reputable e-tailer that I have been very satisfied with. I was told there was a ten to 16 week back order. Now I am being told that Perego did not ship any items the month of August and so the wait will be even longer, with no estimated ship date. I called another e-tailer advertising the stroller and they said there is not one to be had in the entire country -- Perego is that far behind on filling orders. She said that the situation has been made very difficult for retailers because of lack of candor and information from Peg Perego.

So much for being well prepared. I have a room full of nursery furniture and bedding, a pack-in-play with bassinet, a solid colored bouncy seat, my reality layette -- and no car seat and stroller to bring the baby home in.

alandenisefields
10-03-2001, 05:34 PM
Well, what can we say----Perego is famous for doing this. In the 7 years we've been researching baby products, Perego has always run behind in production. Every year, they tell us they are going to meet demand. And every year, they don't.

We hear your frustration and we'll discuss it with Perego when we meet with them next month at baby products convention.

Wish we had better news,

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

betsyjaffe
10-03-2001, 07:36 PM
Thanks very much!

Being "on strike" with Perego, I ended up selecting a Combi Ultra Savvy and the Century Avanta EX car seat instead. I liked that the US was only 10 pounds and came with a cover for the carseat so that it would match. And I have seen better things about the Avanta EX than the Perego car seat anyway. All were shipped right away.

Thanks for your assistance.

Betsy