PDA

View Full Version : Delta/Luv company-TERRIBLE Customer Service!

pyxxydust7
11-16-2001, 11:18 PM
Melissa Choudhry
I bought a bassinet from this company last night. However, there was no warranty or info on how to submit your name in case of a safety recall. I called the Customer Relations nbr today (which, by the way, is long distance, not even an 800 nbr), and I can't even tell you how unprofessional the lady was! She had no clue about warranties and had to ask someone, and it turns out they only offer a 60 day warranty. I thought that was rather unusual, since most companies offer at least a year. Also, they have no formal way of notifying customers if one of their products is recalled. I think she said I could email my name and address to them, but what about all the other parents that buy a product? Obviously, it doesn't matter to this company if one of their products is deemed unsafe since they're not concerned about notifying anyone about it. But most of all was the terrible attitude of the lady on the phone. She was so darn rude, and I was being very pleasant with her. Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience with all the other parents (or soon to be parents). This company is reviewed in the Baby Bargains book, but only for cribs (not bassinets or their actual service). In all fairness, you get what you pay for, since the bassinet was rather inexpensive, but I don't think this excuses them from providing such poor customer service.

Melanie
03-01-2002, 09:29 PM
I have also had dealings with their customer service, BUT through email correspondance at least I got their 800#. I was ordering replacement parts for an 8 year old crib. I will say that in the end I did get what I wanted, and they did go out of their way to identify my crib via photos in email (the model number wasn't stamped on the crib). However, they were very casual about providing service (i.e. "I think I'll send those out Tuesday," "I don't take care of the rails, you have to talk to so&so" ). It took several weeks for me to get replacement crib locks (luckily my baby wasn't born yet!) and when I asked they express mail a second order (at my cost) because the first item took so long, it turned out that it came regular mail anyway. All in all, though, it was not unlike other dealings that I have had in the past with people from New Jersey/New York. I am sure there are many there who are very friendly/helpful, but the dealings I have had with people generally leave me feeling like they are doing me a huge favor by letting me buy their products.

Mommy to Little Jonah born 11-6-2001