PDA

View Full Version : DON'T use baby shampoo made by Lander Co., Inc

boxermom5
11-19-2001, 10:10 PM
Hey, everyone. Just wanted to post a warning about a baby shampoo that is made by the Lander Co., Inc from Englewood, NJ. My mom bought this shampoo at a local store (wal-mart I think) since she babysits for us when I work. About 2 weeks ago, she used it on our 9 month old daughter. The baby was splashing and playing in the tub (she DOES so very much love her bath!--sometimes we have to almost pry her out!!!) and splashed some water in her face and on her head. Well, before my mom could wipe it off, some of the shampoo ran into Sara's eyes (remember, this is baby shampoo that is labeled gentle and tearless!). Sara immediately started crying, her eye turned red, and her conjunctiva started swelling up. My mom rinsed her eyes out and after awhile Sara calmed down. Luckily, no damage was done physically to her eye. This has NOT happened with good old Johnson's baby shampoo or even the Baby Magic brand baby shampoo--just this Lander brand.
But now, Sara is afraid to have water on her face or head, no matter what we do and it is a real struggle to wash her hair.
Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get her over this (other than being very calm, gentle, encouraging, loving, patient, etc and showing her it isn't something to be afraid of)? Any suggestions would help! I tried sitting in the tub with her and having my mom shampoo my hair while the baby watched--this seemed to help a little.
She fights the shampooing no matter who does it.
Just remember--DON'T BUY THIS SHAMPOO!!

mom2mara
01-06-2002, 03:32 AM
I have had the same problem with that shampoo -- and I agree completely. DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND!

My daughter got it in her eyes and screamed and screamed until she was able to 'cry' it out. It claims to be tearless, but it clearly is not.

I will NEVER buy this shampoo again. I advise no one else to, either!

Elaine
02-06-2002, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the info. I received a gift basket with this brand of shampoo in it. After reading this, I will not be using it on my daughter!