PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Pampers Premium Custom Fit Diapers

boxermom5
11-22-2001, 01:02 PM
Just wanted to know if anyone else has had any problems with almost an entire Super Mega sized (or any other sizes) package of the Pampers Premium Custom Fit diapers? I bought 2 packages 2 weeks ago at our local Kmart that were at a reduced price (the manager said it was because they were not going to carry this size package anymore; now I'm beginning to wonder) and have found defects in almost all of the diapers bad enough to keep us from being able to use them. Over 75% of each package didn't have the "stretchy" part on the side tabs (the "Custom Fit" part) and of the rest, over half had the plastic side tabs melted into the diaper (and when you pulled the tab out, it either tore the diaper or a jagged sharp edge was left). I've written Pampers already but haven't heard back from them (that was 4 days ago) yet.
Like I said, just wanted to know if anyone else has had any problems with this type of diaper from Pampers. We've been using them for our daughter for about 4 months now and this is the first time we've ever encountered any problems with this particular type.

rebwal
12-04-2001, 12:00 PM
I had a similar problem with a small package of Pampers Premium. There was no elastic on the sides to make them custom fit and I noticed they were a different shape then the others I had used. When I compared the diapers from this pack with one's from another, the mishaped ones were much wider and shorter then the others. Nothing I could do, but throw them away!

naynaysmom
12-28-2001, 11:37 PM
I, too, ocassionally discovered problems with some packages of Pampers Premium Diapers. (Luckily my son has just potty trained, so I won't have to worry about diapers anymore until my twins are born in June!!!) I found Pampers customer service (via phone) to be very helpful, though. In the two cases I had to call, they sent multiple coupons to more than make up for the defective packages of diapers. They seemed genuinely concerned and I was impressed with their response.

suzska
12-29-2001, 01:09 AM
I had the problem of the tab being "melted" into the side on 1 diaper out of the whole pack last week. But when I mentioned it to my DH, he said he'd had that happen to him, but I don't know on how many (maybe 1 or 2). FWIW, they probably would have been from a Jumbo or Mega pack. But I haven't seen it enough to make me call Pampers--partly because I had forgotten about it until now.

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

shandrin
12-30-2001, 01:40 PM
I would call them you would get a faster response and most likey will recieve coupons in which to replace the pkg's that are defective...just make sure to keep the bags they came in since the usually ask for numbers that are printed on them.

i have not had this happen with pampers but have with huggies and this was how it was handled...;-)