PDA

View Full Version : Isis Breast Pump

brazilmom
11-26-2001, 07:44 PM
I posted this on the feeding message board but I am going to post it again here.
I got the worst customer service from Avent. I bought the pump and it simply does not work! I tried everything, even going to my lactation consultant who told me to buy another pump.
When I called Aven about this they:
1- Said that I was lying about what the consultant said. They said that ALL consultants love our product and she could not have said that. Basicly called me a liar!
2- Said that they would not return the product since it works fine. I explained that it is not pumping any milk but they don't consider that being defective. Defective means that it has no suction. This is RIDICULOUS! It does not pump milk, to me that is defective.

When I told them that I was very disappointed and upset and vowed to never use any of their products again ( I bought all my bottles from them) they simply said " That's your problem"

BEWARE OF AVENT!

LeslieCan
02-11-2002, 01:38 AM
Ohhhhh, just read this and HAVE TO reply. My experience with the Avent Isis could not have been more different from yours. I am posting this in the hopes that anyone who reads these these will hear another side to your situation.

First of all, the Isis was HIGHLY recommended to me by my lactation consultant. She said it's one of the best hand pumps out there, so I got it, but still of course rented an electric one to use at work. Well, imagine my surprise when I got MORE milk from using my Isis than the (expensive) Medela electric! At first my lactation consultant didn't believe me, but it's true! I had great letdown and the Isis did a super job for me. Yes, it took a bit of practice, but then it worked fantastically.

I am sorry you had such a bad experience with the Avent customer service people and with the actual pump. I am really puzzled that it didn't seem to work for you, because I have talked to many, many other moms who use it and love it. There is one tiny little white rubber piece that fits in it that is crucial to it's success (easy to lose it; I know I almost did several times while washing!)-- do you think there's any chance at all you might not have gotten that piece or might have lost it? That's the only thing I can think of as to why it wouldn't seem to work for you.

As I said before, just wanted to share my experience to give another view. I have only really, really good things to say about it.

~Leslie

Mommy2Q
03-08-2002, 01:31 PM
I just wanted to write and say that I have had a very good customer service with Avent. I had a problem with the part that screws onto the bottle, it cracked. I called the customer service and they sent a new one out for free and I received it the next day. Apparently advent has had problems with the type of plastic they use, as it is prone to crack when the bottle and pump are screwed too tight. The pump works great and I have never had any problems. Just be careful of the little white rubber piece and which direction you place it, as it is crucial to the unit working properly. I still believe it is one of the better pumps on the market.

toymaker
05-31-2002, 10:07 AM
My wife had her best results when she took the plastic cone insert from the Isis (the Silicone Petal Massager in their instructions) and put it inside the cone on the Pump In Style.

John B, dad to Kyle 8/4/00